Thread: Mooresville, NC

Post imported post

Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things:

1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun shop (not a pawn shop(not that there's anything wrong with that)).

2) An indoor/outdoor handgun/rifle shooting range within a reasonable distance.

I don't let the distance I have to drive hold me back from regular trips to the only ranges available in our area. The closest I can find is no less than a 40 minute drive. But in these economically challenged times, it would be nice to save some gas money and spend a little more on practice ammo and/or more guns.

I also crave the friendly knowledgeable type of service that can only be provided by someone that really cares about your individual needs and matching you up with the right equipment.

Bottom line? I am seriously considering going over the top and taking the risk of opening up such a facility in the Mooresville, NC area. So, I ask you. would I be making a worthwhile investment?

Any takers?

Post imported post

Where are you currently going I live in Charlotte but i work up in Huntersville Mooresville area . I go to belmont to shooters express and its like an old warehouse turned into a range and all the equipment is a bit old and wore otu.

Post imported post

I sayYES, go for it! I live in the Troutman area and agree we desperately need a place like that.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people until thier children wake up homeless on the continent thier fathers conquered! Thomas Jefferson - 1802

Post imported post

And I got the first lifetime membership.:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

Yes this area really needs a good range where people can send lead down range.

I believe that Eagle Gun in Concord had tried to get a range going, but I have no idea what happened to that. That was over a year ago.

Post imported post

Eagle Guns is still trying to get the range built. They've got all the permits from the government and they're waiting on the bank loan.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

God's Plan of Salvation

Post imported post

That'll be awesome to have a range so close by. I'm sure it'll stay very busy though. This whole area lacks good ranges for people to practice at.

Post imported post

Hey Neighbor....I think it would go over quiet well. I live just up the road from you and understand exactly what you mean. Due to people messing up private land it is getting hard anymore to get someone to allow you to shoot on their land. I understand that you would have to make enough not only to keep it up but to make some profit. The main thing is that if you kept it reasonable I think it could make you some money also. I know a few people up your way that drive to Monroe just to shoot. I would even be willing to help spread the word in the Western Rowan County area.

Post imported post

I live and work in cornelius,nc and would love a place closer to go shooting.

Please do.

Quote Originally Posted by enfd250 View Post
    Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things:

1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun shop (not a pawn shop(not that there's anything wrong with that)).

2) An indoor/outdoor handgun/rifle shooting range within a reasonable distance.

I don't let the distance I have to drive hold me back from regular trips to the only ranges available in our area. The closest I can find is no less than a 40 minute drive. But in these economically challenged times, it would be nice to save some gas money and spend a little more on practice ammo and/or more guns.

I also crave the friendly knowledgeable type of service that can only be provided by someone that really cares about your individual needs and matching you up with the right equipment.

Bottom line? I am seriously considering going over the top and taking the risk of opening up such a facility in the Mooresville, NC area. So, I ask you. would I be making a worthwhile investment?

Any takers?
    Yes!! Ive been looking for a range that is close by also. This would be a great addition to our town and if you look at how busy the Aisle is you wouldnt have any problems filling the range.

There is a great pawn shop in the middle of town I can't remember the name of it to save my life but I bought my Glock there. They have an abundance of firearms and accessories. It has been a long time sense I was there so if anyone can remember the name it would be great.

I live in between Concord/Kannapolis/Davidson and work in Davidson. I would be very interested if someone opened a shooting range nearby. We got the kids into the Cabarrus County 4H shooting sports club, but that is at most once a month and is often in conflict with other commitments we have, so we rarely get them (or me...) out shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf2810 View Post
    There is a great pawn shop in the middle of town I can't remember the name of it to save my life but I bought my Glock there. They have an abundance of firearms and accessories. It has been a long time sense I was there so if anyone can remember the name it would be great.
    Aisle Pawn Shop? http://www.aislepawn.com/
    Last edited by TheFreeman; 07-19-2010 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreeman View Post
    Aisle Pawn Shop? http://www.aislepawn.com/
    That's it thanks TheFreeman.