• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do Legislatures Allow CCW?

Ricardo

imported post

What States have passed legislation to allow us to carry in the congressional galleries, hallways, officesand public areas? I really think they should allow this and not say you can carry in other places--but not here! If they support gun rights, then we should be able to carry right there!

So...what State support this?

Ricardo

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

The state of Washington allows carry in all but a few specifically listed areas of public buildings. All of the areas listed as being forbidden involve security of criminals or the mentally ill. Oddly enough, the Capitol isn't on the list. As a matter of fact, during recent hearings involving an AWB in the state over 300 people showed up. Most opposed the ban, and many, if not most, of them were armed. Ralph Fasciatelli, head of Washington Ceasefire, asked a state trooper to make the armed people leave the building. The trooper's reply? "I can't do that. They aren't doing anything illegal".

Bet that burned HIS buns!

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Virginia General Assembly allows for CHP holders to carry in most rooms within the Capitol of the Commonwealth and in most rooms in the General Assembly Building in downtown Richmond. Otherwise the only restrictions on all forms of carry in government buildings are no carry in the secure portion of jails and courthouses.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
The Virginia General Assembly allows for CHP holders to carry in most rooms within the Capitol of the Commonwealth and in most rooms in the General Assembly Building in downtown Richmond. Otherwise the only restrictions on all forms of carry in government buildings are no carry in the secure portion of jails and courthouses.
Yes they do. Lobby Day in January was proof of that.

rodbender

imported post

You can carry in Texas.

(c)A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, at any meeting of a governmental entity.

(i)Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.