• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something is going to give soon. Either Concealed Carry, Or Open Carry is going to be Illegal

wally1120

imported post

I was listening to the Armed American Radio, And there is a possibility of Open Carry, Or Concealed Carry might be Illegal. If Concealed Carry is going to be outlawed then Open Carry Laws will have to be lightened up won`t they? Would anyone be able to carry in a vehicle, establishment that sells alcoholic beverages, ETC? If Open Carry is outlawed then would anyone be able to Carry Concealed with out going thru all of the bull crap process that people are required right now?

wally1120

imported post

One of them might be outlawed, MIGHT. It is just something out there, I don`t know how to take it, Just letting people know what is floating around now. And if it is on this AAR show, I tend to lean more to the side of something being real.

autosurgeon

imported post

First of all this type of hype is what caused the ammunition shortage.

Second what makes anyone think just BC one of the two is infringed that the other will be relaxed???

That is not how the libtards work IMOP!

Michigander

imported post

Laws, especially in this state, don't make sense. How you could try to reason what would happen if they get changed is beyond me.

You are getting concerned listening to a show primarily done by anti OC people.

The constitution of the US, and this state pretty much mandate that OC is to remain legal. A large number of Michigan law makers have CPL's and have no vested interest in messing with OC. If they were going to try to mess with OC, it would be on the Michigan web site.

I don't know what you could tend toward believing is real when you have listed nothing of substance.

THway

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see!!!!
+1 for cabman

As far as what was discussed on the radio show, that means nothing to me. Until something is put into vote at the state capitol, its nothing more than unfounded fearful thinking.

Where is the wrangler when you need them...

wally1120

imported post

AAR isn`t exactly a pro OC place, But there are people that OC on that show. I am not leaning on this reference 100%, I am just letting people know what might be possible.

G

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I was listening to the Armed American Radio, And there is a possibility of Open Carry, Or Concealed Carry might be Illegal. If Concealed Carry is going to be outlawed then Open Carry Laws will have to be lightened up won`t they? Would anyone be able to carry in a vehicle, establishment that sells alcoholic beverages, ETC? If Open Carry is outlawed then would anyone be able to Carry Concealed with out going thru all of the bull crap process that people are required right now?
Nope. Florida outlawed OC when it passed shall issue Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) law. Still gotta jump through hoops to get CWP. And there is NO OC and "non-accidental" printing is like "brandishing".

B

Bikenut

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I didn't hear the program so I can't address that but I can give my opinion about whether OC or CC would be targeted for scrutiny... and OC would be my guess.

My thoughts/opinions are below... feel free to comment .. y'all will anyway...:D

CC has worked out quite well in Michigan so far. OC is causing a stir. CC, even though the permit is a restriction on the 2nd Amendment "shall not be infringed", the 2nd Amendment so far isn't binding on the States. And Michigan's Constitution is worded slightly differently than the 2nd Amendment....

STATE CONSTITUTION (EXCERPT)
CONSTITUTION OF MICHIGAN OF 1963

"§ 6 Bearing of arms.
Sec. 6.
Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state."

Please note there isn't any wording about "shall not be infringed" therein....... and the very presence of CC permits show that "right" has already been defined in one area of "bear arms".

So it appears to me requiring a permit to "bear" arms in a specific manner and making all other manner of bearing illegal, would not cause a conflict with Michigan's Constitution.

In short, I think it is open to making it illegal to OC but still allowing CC ,would not be a conflict of Michigan's Constitution. After all... "a right" to "bear" arms still exists... as long as the "person" meets the requirements of law.

Now I'm not an attorney... or a Constitutional scholar...or perhaps I am reading the whole thing wrong since I'm mostly a stupid fish (dum bass) when it comes to figuring out legal language.... :(

Now... is there something of substance out there in the wind? I haven't heard of anything............... yet. I have heard rumblings (unsubstantiable rumors, gossip) from LE... and, make no mistake, LE is politically influential.

Added: Something about that "a right" wording bothers me also... it doesn't say "the right" but I can't put my finger on it and I will have to ponder just exactly what the difference is there.........

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
."

Please note there isn't any wording about "shall not be infringed" therein....... and the very presence of CC permits show that "right" has already been defined in one area of "bear arms".

So it appears to me requiring a permit to "bear" arms in a specific manner and making all other manner of bearing illegal, would not cause a conflict with Michigan's Constitution.

I cannot argue with anythiong you said in your post.

But as long as I need a permit to carry, say, in a grocery store because they sell alcohol, or need a permit to gain access to my gun in my car, then I have been seperated from my rights.

Also, hopefully scotus will agree with the forefathers and apply the A2 to the people o0f this country that it wasintended for

lil_freak_66

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:

Second what makes anyone think just BC one of the two is infringed that the other will be relaxed???

are you saying the ammo shortage was a bad thing?????

sure it was hard to find ammo and firearms...BUT it was because people were buying like crazy,gun ownership went up,and production couldnt even keep up!

i think that it was a great thing,other than i had to wait 2 months before being able to get ahold of a SINGLE box of 7.62x54R

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I say dump CC outright. That way, the cops could assume that if youre concealed, you are a criminal. As it is, if you conceal, you damage the right to keep and bear arms, which IMO is a crime.
I suppose you would know this first hand... you did CC [according to a court of law and eyewitness testimony], it did damage your right to keep and bear arms, and it was a crime. :lol:

hud

imported post

Concealed carry is a state licensed and taxed privilege for the few while open carry is the right for all Michigan citizens. If the legislature attempted to eliminate open carry, they would be illegally taking away the right mentioned in the state constitution. And, at this point in time,the political backlash for trying to eliminate concealed carry would be enormous. Not that there aren't plenty of idiot gun-grabbers out there who would love to take your guns, but they are not the majority. The rumor is just that.....a rumor, the wishful thinking of those who hate concealed carry, open carry, or any citizen exercising their right and responsibility to defend themselves, their family, their community, their State, or their nation.

mikestilly

imported post

Someones been drinking too much of the coolAID. These threads are beginning to look like the libtards. THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING OMG OMG OMG OMG... Lets all be afraid to OC because a radio show said something against OC. OMG OMG lets prepare for WW3!

Do you feel that the spread of fear will win you some brownie points? Because the info in the post has as much credibility as monkeys flying out of my ass.

You want to hear more phony stuff like this go to MSNBC an watch their failing programs.

ghostrider

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

are you saying the ammo shortage was a bad thing?????

sure it was hard to find ammo and firearms...BUT it was because people were buying like crazy,gun ownership went up,and production couldnt even keep up!

i think that it was a great thing,other than i had to wait 2 months before being able to get ahold of a SINGLE box of 7.62x54R
It wasn't just the increase in gun ownership that spurred the ammo shortage. It was also fed by hype (Obama coming to take guns and the 500% ammo tax, along with other rumors that helped spur the buying binge) leading people to believe they needed to stock up on ammo they will most likely never use or want.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
I say dump CC outright. That way, the cops could assume that if youre concealed, you are a criminal. As it is, if you conceal, you damage the right to keep and bear arms, which IMO is a crime.
I suppose you would know this first hand... you did CC [according to a court of law and eyewitness testimony], it did damage your right to keep and bear arms, and it was a crime. :lol:

I wasnt concealing, so it wasnt a crime. It shouldnt be a crime to begin with. But yes it did damage my rights, which according to A2 and the michigan constitution, is in and of itself a crime.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
I didn't hear the program so I can't address that but I can give my opinion about whether OC or CC would be targeted for scrutiny... and OC would be my guess.

My thoughts/opinions are below... feel free to comment .. y'all will anyway...:D

CC has worked out quite well in Michigan so far. OC is causing a stir. CC, even though the permit is a restriction on the 2nd Amendment "shall not be infringed", the 2nd Amendment so far isn't binding on the States. And Michigan's Constitution is worded slightly differently than the 2nd Amendment....

STATE CONSTITUTION (EXCERPT)
CONSTITUTION OF MICHIGAN OF 1963

"§ 6 Bearing of arms.
Sec. 6.
Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state."

In short, I think it is open to making it illegal to OC but still allowing CC ,would not be a conflict of Michigan's Constitution. After all... "a right" to "bear" arms still exists... as long as the "person" meets the requirements of law.

Now I'm not an attorney... or a Constitutional scholar...or perhaps I am reading the whole thing wrong since I'm mostly a stupid fish (dum bass) when it comes to figuring out legal language.... :(

Now... is there something of substance out there in the wind? I haven't heard of anything............... yet. I have heard rumblings (unsubstantiable rumors, gossip) from LE... and, make no mistake, LE is politically influential.

Added: Something about that "a right" wording bothers me also... it doesn't say "the right" but I can't put my finger on it and I will have to ponder just exactly what the difference is there.........
EVERY PERSON has the RIGHT.... As long as they issue their little license to everyone not a felon and do it for free without classes, etc. then fine. But as long as you define how and who gets to bare arms whether OC OR CC then the right is being denied.