• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Billboard... hmmm... This could be interesting..

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Minimum buy-in for this is likely $1500 or so, and that gets us 30 days of billboard and the production of the sign itself.

Add to that about $1000 per month of additional time of the billboard being up.

malignity

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
malignity wrote:
Good idea.

Where at though?

696?

75?

94?

All are heavily trafficked every day.
50?

52?

127?

Each of them are just as populated as well.

No offense dude, but none of those are nearly as populated as 696, 75 or 94. They aren't anywhere near Metro Detroit. If we're going for raw numbers on how many people can see it, it's gonna have to be over this way, probably on 75 or 696.

wally1120

imported post

I would have to say out of all of the Highway listed, I would have to go with 94. Either of the ones I listed in Jackson area may not be as traveled as detroit, But there is still alot of traffic on them. I would suggest putting the billboard right by the Airport somewhere. That would get the word out very quickly.

wally1120

imported post

I would have to say if you were wanting to put up a series of Billboards 75 would possible be the best place to start putting them up since it runs from Flordia, All the way up to Canada. That may be the best bet to even just put one up, But I also think that over by Metro Airport would also be a good choice.

mikestilly

imported post

I was thinking something like near the 696 - 75 junction probably the #1 spot in Michigan. Or as a backup I'd like to see it on 696 right before you pass the Detroit Zoo going East. I honestly can't think of areas that would get more exposure then those. With a bunch of people pitching in the cost would be minimal the exposure would be HUGE.

I wouldnt worry bout the type of billboard more about the location. There is a new LED billboard on 696 but it sucks because it does stick out because it lights up but the location is bad and you have to pay attention to it to follow it to it's current location.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

Why only one? Most advertisers are being hit hard. This is a great idea, but the wording would need to be chosen very carefully. Especially assuming national attention was a goal, not just local.