• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Billboard... hmmm... This could be interesting..

sprinklerguy28

imported post

I've been communicating with the sales rep. from Lamar advertising for doing just this. Right now he is putting together pricing options. Right now he feels the best deal will be for the sign located on M-59 near Van Dyke.

eastmeyers

imported post

Well if we get one of those LED billbords, than we should be on multiple bords, because you are only on it for five seconds every 30 or something like that. So get it up on 94, 96, 75, and 696. But if you want MHO than I say get a traditional one, one on 75 just north/south of 75, it is most likely the most traveled spot in Michigan.

God Bless

lapeer20m

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
I've been communicating with the sales rep. from Lamar advertising for doing just this. Right now he is putting together pricing options. Right now he feels the best deal will be for the sign located on M-59 near Van Dyke.
i work down that way and traffic is stacked up there every day. Perhaps not as many cars/day as some other locations, but would still be in a very high traffic area.

manicdevery

imported post

dougwg wrote:
If we get one on I94 near the airport we can not only inform local Michigan residents, but also people from different states as well as different countriesflying in and out of Metro Airport.
+1

lil_freak_66

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
I called on a billboard last year.....it was 500 to 550 to design and 500 a month. wasn't electronic......

im sure there would be a way we could design one ourselves and then just have them upsize it,to cut costs down.

maybe instead of MOC specific,make it OCDO/MOC if OCDO wanted to lobby a portion of the funds?

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Electronic billboards can utilize any popular format of photos. Their software digitizes and uploads it to the sign. Design cost are substantially lower than print billboards. I will have final information by end of this week that I will be presenting to the board.

lil_freak_66

imported post

to make things a little fun...

might i suggest doing a design contest for MOC members to design the billboard picture,and whomever wins gets a MOC t shirt or hat or something?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

might i suggest doing a design contest for MOC members to design the billboard picture,and whomever wins gets a MOC t shirt or hat or something?
Get permission from John and/or Mike and use the image at the upper left corner of this page along witha MOC logo and most of the work is done.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

When I looked into them for SAM, the best places (I-75 Detroit, etc.)were $6000-$8000 a month. They do have some for non-profits for $1500 a month but they get to put them where THEY want..to fill empty spaces. So you get the idea, it ain't cheap.

malignity

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

Agreed, would be nice to have a competition. I'll send John a PM. :D

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
When I looked into them for SAM, the best places (I-75 Detroit, etc.)were $6000-$8000 a month. They do have some for non-profits for $1500 a month but they get to put them where THEY want..to fill empty spaces. So you get the idea, it ain't cheap.
:what: Man....am I in the wrong business...

mikestilly

imported post

Nice idea in thought but that involves buying the land to put the billboard, the correct zoning of that land, getting the city to issue you a permit to put up the billboard. Which is not an easy task at all especially one the size of the one in the video. You wouldn't believe how anal they are about signs.

sasha601

imported post

As far as design, the picture of people in the upper left corner of this forum looks great. I understand that OpenCarry.org. might have rights to this picture, but we can come up with something similar.

mikestilly wrote:
Nice idea in thought but that involves buying the land to put the billboard, the correct zoning of that land, getting the city to issue you a permit to put up the billboard. Which is not an easy task at all especially one the size of the one in the video. You wouldn't believe how anal they are about signs.

UCWT

imported post

mikestilly wrote:

good ole boys own property/farm land by highways that may lend support. just gotta ask around and it would be a cool way to get every body together building/painting signs.

i remember the smaller signs in less populated areas on the edge of fields(4x8'ply wood w/4x4 posts) because your at ease driving and have time to ponder the sign.

when it's heavy traffic i tend not to notice because i'm focused on the road, other traffic, inner changes.

can't say i don't recall any of the big ones but the only one i can say stands out in my mind is fueled by sex.

Harley Davidson ;)

my.02

_DK_

imported post

Venator wrote:

One of the Abate guys at work told me they spent around 40k for the May motorcycle awareness month signs they put up last year, 11 signs in and around detroit

G

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

Get permission from John and/or Mike and use the image at the upper left corner of this page along witha MOC logo and most of the work is done.
We have a winner...

Send him a t-shirt and a hat!!!:celebrate:monkey