• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Billboard... hmmm... This could be interesting..

SpringerXDacp

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
to make things a little fun...

might i suggest doing a design contest for MOC members to design the billboard picture,and whomever wins gets a MOC t shirt or hat or something?
Get permission from John and/or Mike and use the image at the upper left corner of this page along witha MOC logo and most of the work is done.
We have a winner...

Send him a t-shirt and a hat!!!:celebrate:monkey
Better yet, send me that Sig556 Classic (I'll pay shipping & transfer fees) and I'll call it even.

SlowDog

imported post

You get someone who'll let us put one up and I'll donate the tools And time to help build it. Whether out of wood or steel. Also, may I suggest on the sides of trucks& on the back doors. We are after all rolling billboards!

jeremy05

imported post

we could do a bikini car wash! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

G

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
we could do a bikini car wash! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
:what:I don't think anyone would want to have their cars washed by us wearing bikinis.:what:

Taurus850CIA

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
Atlanta...just ate...heading for Rhode Island
I didn't think Rhode Island was big enough to turn a truck around in...

I'm in Morris, IL, heading for Brownstown, MI. Finally. I'm hoping to make the Town Hall meeting in White Lake while I'm in. Hometime, finally! Woo Hoo! Hey, keep in touch via pm. Maybe we'll cross paths sometime.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
:what:I don't think anyone would want to have their cars washed by us wearing bikinis.:what:
"You've got a real purdy mouth"

SlowDog

imported post

I just pictured KG out there in a bikini with his AR.....hahahahaha.....I now need to use chlorine on my brain:what::what:

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Yooper wrote:
U.S. 41 near Copper Harbor?

I love Copper Harbor, but I'm not thinking this is a problem area, lol.

...Besides, anyone with sense doesn't take 41 anyway, they take that nature trail. Way nicer.

mikestilly

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
I've been communicating with the sales rep. from Lamar advertising for doing just this. Right now he is putting together pricing options. Right now he feels the best deal will be for the sign located on M-59 near Van Dyke.

Lets stay on topic guys.

I'm sure M-59/Van Dyke would be on sale compared to the ones I've listed. Quite the major difference in the amount of traffic. There is a new LED at I75/696 Interchange on 696 East. It has to be the most crossed freeways in the state. I'd find the cost of an ad on it and if was even semi-affordable you couldnt go wrong there.

If m59/van dyke is all that we could afford then whatever works of course. But I suspect people would be happy to donate to get a massive billboard on the most populated freeways in the state :)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

sasha601 wrote:
As far as design, the picture of people in the upper left corner of this forum looks great. I understand that OpenCarry.org. might have rights to this picture, but we can come up with something similar.

mikestilly wrote:
Nice idea in thought but that involves buying the land to put the billboard, the correct zoning of that land, getting the city to issue you a permit to put up the billboard. Which is not an easy task at all especially one the size of the one in the video. You wouldn't believe how anal they are about signs.

Oleg Volk is the photographer that does almost all of the cool pro-gun pictures that float around, including the ones on this site. Google his name and see his work and you will soon see many of the models used in these photos in his other work. He has stated that you can use his images for pro-gun purposes, but not to sell or make money off them.

Ruckus

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
Also, may I suggest on the sides of trucks& on the back doors. We are after all rolling billboards!
I was thinking about this as I caught up with this thread and arrived at your post. We could campaign June or July as Michigan Open Carry Month and have a competition for best rolling-advertisement among participants for the month, or something.

mikestilly

imported post

Ethan_Frome wrote:
SlowDog wrote:
Also, may I suggest on the sides of trucks& on the back doors. We are after all rolling billboards!
I was thinking about this as I caught up with this thread and arrived at your post. We could campaign June or July as Michigan Open Carry Month and have a competition for best rolling-advertisement among participants for the month, or something.

Those are great ideas also :)

Ruckus

imported post

Venator wrote:
sasha601 wrote:
As far as design, the picture of people in the upper left corner of this forum looks great. I understand that OpenCarry.org. might have rights to this picture, but we can come up with something similar.

mikestilly wrote:
Nice idea in thought but that involves buying the land to put the billboard, the correct zoning of that land, getting the city to issue you a permit to put up the billboard. Which is not an easy task at all especially one the size of the one in the video. You wouldn't believe how anal they are about signs.

Oleg Volk is the photographer that does almost all of the cool pro-gun pictures that float around, including the ones on this site. Google his name and see his work and you will soon see many of the models used in these photos in his other work. He has stated that you can use his images for pro-gun purposes, but not to sell or make money off them.
Seems like quite a few of us here are photogs as well. Would be a cool idea to consider giving photogs/artists here a stab at it too. Post all the designs up on one thread and have a vote.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Id donate...and i know a few people that might be able to help out too...sounds like a great friggin idea...also ive seen some sites that let you design yard signs??? and maybe like some car & fridge magnets? sell them to help raise money for the billboard..id buy em..also....( I know guys...i know) a bake sale of some sort at local gun shows??...the ones ive been too theres never anyone selling brownies and cookies...and i always crave brownies and cookies.....idk....food for thought perhaps?

:monkey:celebrate

SlowDog

imported post

Might I also suggest a small trailer with a large billboard sign on it taken all over town. It can be towed by a car or truck. I would be willing to build it. I know a Vinyl Sign & Graphics shop where we could get the sign made and applied.....just throwin it out there.....