• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Billboard... hmmm... This could be interesting..

SpringerXDacp

imported post

dundee.jpg
Now that's a knife

pmcqueen37

imported post

Venator wrote:
pmcqueen37 wrote:
Generaldet wrote:
I'm open to all ideas. This is far from being in the budget so keep in mind it would take A LOT of donations. If someone would like to research it and present it to the board we could certainly look into it.
Ever thought of fund raisers, MOC is a non-profit org. When I was involved with non- profit orgs in litttle league football We did stuff like run bingo's held Vegas nights at a K of C hall etc. for funding of things we needed for football. just a thought.

Well Moc raised about $1400 (MOC's share) with the SAM during the CPL classes we sponsored. Is that what you are talking about.

If you can get a CPL instructor to give all or a portion of his fee to MOC we could do a CPL class every 4 months.

Yes those ideas are good but I was just offering more ways to hold fundraisers that maybe weren't thought about, Like a Vegas night for instance, when we did this for little league football we knocked down 2500.00 $$ for one Saturday night. You pick a central location, like Lansing for instance, decent amount of members there and about an Equal drive for people from Detroit area, Flint / Saginaw, area, also not to bad for the West siders from Battle Creek / Grand Rapids area. You get volunteers to work the table games, you have food for sale like hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and pop, (sometimes depending on the hall, they want to handle the concessions) Hold a few 50/50 raffles, etc. Find a hall that stands for the MOC cause, and they might even let you use it for the night for nothing and do it as a tax write off (hall donation to a non-profit). Plus they usually will post it on their hall sign at least a week ahead of time, make up a flyer and have the forum members post the on BB's at work or around town. Set up an MOC table with brochures; sell MOC items like you do with MOC table at Gander Mtn. Etc. Like I said I'm just throwing out some fundraiser Ideas that I was part of back in my football non-profit club days. We also did bingo, candy sales, although for candy sales we made the kids go door to door selling it, so probably no so good of and idea for MOC, but just a few alternative ideas is all.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
Venator wrote:
pmcqueen37 wrote:
Generaldet wrote:
I'm open to all ideas. This is far from being in the budget so keep in mind it would take A LOT of donations. If someone would like to research it and present it to the board we could certainly look into it.
Ever thought of fund raisers, MOC is a non-profit org. When I was involved with non- profit orgs in litttle league football We did stuff like run bingo's held Vegas nights at a K of C hall etc. for funding of things we needed for football. just a thought.

Well Moc raised about $1400 (MOC's share) with the SAM during the CPL classes we sponsored. Is that what you are talking about.

If you can get a CPL instructor to give all or a portion of his fee to MOC we could do a CPL class every 4 months.

Yes those ideas are good but I was just offering more ways to hold fundraisers that maybe weren't thought about, Like a Vegas night for instance, when we did this for little league football we knocked down 2500.00 $$ for one Saturday night. You pick a central location, like Lansing for instance, decent amount of members there and about an Equal drive for people from Detroit area, Flint / Saginaw, area, also not to bad for the West siders from Battle Creek / Grand Rapids area. You get volunteers to work the table games, you have food for sale like hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and pop, (sometimes depending on the hall, they want to handle the concessions) Hold a few 50/50 raffles, etc. Find a hall that stands for the MOC cause, and they might even let you use it for the night for nothing and do it as a tax write off (hall donation to a non-profit). Plus they usually will post it on their hall sign at least a week ahead of time, make up a flyer and have the forum members post the on BB's at work or around town. Set up an MOC table with brochures; sell MOC items like you do with MOC table at Gander Mtn. Etc. Like I said I'm just throwing out some fundraiser Ideas that I was part of back in my football non-profit club days. We also did bingo, candy sales, although for candy sales we made the kids go door to door selling it, so probably no so good of and idea for MOC, but just a few alternative ideas is all.

Again you need a gaming license. In order to qualify for a MI license you have to be a Michigan non profit for 5 years OR be both a Federal (at least $600 fee)and state non-profit and approval of the municipality the corporation is listed in.

Lots of hoops. But just 4 more year and MOC, Inc will qualify.

G

imported post

How about a cargo/work van that has the full vinyl cover sign?

I don't know the cost. But, I'm sure it is a whole lot cheaper and is mobile.

kryptonian

imported post

my cheap suggestion although mildly on the less than legal side would be to get stencils with a MOC logo or message like -

OPEN
CARRY
LEGAL
MICH

and spray paint everywhere you dare. enough show up across the state it will get attention. happened few years ago in detroit where people were painting graffiti turtles or something all over. i forget who it turned out to be but at the time it was news. kind of like gang signs. i was worried it was like the 12 monkeys (movie with bruce willis and brad pitt). guess it wasn't since were all still here. it's cheap and if caught probably minor fine. just throwing it out there.

lil_freak_66

imported post

then we'd be no better than the people we carry to protect ourselves against imo.

my idea would be to get a few banners made,have them hung in places like gander mountain,cabelas,jays sporting goods and any gun shops we can find that would want one.
not the same publicity as a billboard,quite possibly expensive,but it'd bring alot of people on board.

eastmeyers

imported post

kryptonian wrote:
my cheap suggestion although mildly on the less than legal side would be to get stencils with a MOC logo or message like -

OPEN
CARRY
LEGAL
MICH

and spray paint everywhere you dare. enough show up across the state it will get attention. happened few years ago in detroit where people were painting graffiti turtles or something all over. i forget who it turned out to be but at the time it was news. kind of like gang signs. i was worried it was like the 12 monkeys (movie with bruce willis and brad pitt). guess it wasn't since were all still here. it's cheap and if caught probably minor fine. just throwing it out there.

Funny Yes

Effective Possibly

Juvenile Yes

Illegal Yes

Rude Yes

Inappropriate Defiantly

...putting your stamp on everything you see, PRICELESS

autosurgeon

imported post

kryptonian wrote:

OPEN
CARRY
LEGAL
MICH

This is foolish and not good advise! :banghead:

eastmeyers

imported post

Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
This is a great idea...the sad thing is private citizens having to advocate for their legal rights! It's like having to pay for bill board space to say..."Here in Michigan we are allowed to vote ". WTF:shock:
Agreed

malignity

imported post

Completely disregarding the fact that graffiti is illegal (which it is, but I'm saying even if it wasn't), graffiti takes money to clean up. If OC starts costing tax payers money, than you best believe there'll be legislation to stop that.

Exactly what we don't want.

kryptonian

imported post

wow. then my next suggestion to put them on police cars wouldn't fly either.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

kryptonian wrote:

OPEN
CARRY
LEGAL
MICH

If this was sarcastic, you're very funny.

If it was not, you're a moron and a "bad apple" that needs to be thrown in the garbage to save the bushel.

Not sure which just yet.