• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cross country skiing and open carry!

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Went cross country skiing today, great place to open carry! We tried Crystal Creek sno-parkinstead of our regular of Hyak sno-park. Great terrain. At Hyak there are alot of Anti-gunners and there are alot of kids around, but hey they all had a positive gun experience, they were around a gun and nothing bad happened. I checked with the park rangers and Sheriffs a year ago before I went the first time, just to make sure there were no laws I weren't familar with, they were all cool with it, even though they had to do some research to answer my question.

The crowd at Crystal are snowmobilers and more gun friendly. I had some good pro-gun conversations with people and I only saw one girl driving out that was really pissed I was carrying. I falshed her the peace sign as she drove by, and one of the guys I was talking to asked me why I flashed her the peace sign, when she seemed pissed. I told him it wasn't the peace sign, it was V for don't be a victim. He laughed!:celebrateHad a great day!

Red Ryder

imported post

If you just sling a rifle over your shoulder, you can be training for biathlon.