View Poll Results: If one form of carry was to be banned what would you prefer to be banned?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ban Open Carry

3 25.00%
  • Ban Concealed Carry

9 75.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Open Carry or Concealed Carry was to be banned which one would you prefer?

Post imported post

If one form of carry was to be outlawed what form of carry would you like to see go out the door?

Which ever you decide you want axed please give a reason why you want that form relieved. And give a reason why you want what ever form of carry to still stand.

Post imported post

I think we the people should be able to choose on a case by case basis ... The govt should butt OUT!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I don't want any form of carry banned. Accepting your hypothesis for conjecture's sake, however, I would prefer to see concealed carry banned because it would create a larger reaction and a consequently larger push for 2nd amendment rights.

Post imported post

I feel the same way, But if the government was to get rid of one form then we would have to live with it.

Post imported post

For everyone saying Concealed carry should be banned, You are aware that nobody would be able to carry in a Vehicle, ETSA, ETC. Unless they lighten the laws on what OCers can do.

Post imported post

wally1120 wrote:
    I feel the same way, But if the government was to get rid of one form then we would have to live with it.
    Thinking like that is what has gotten us where we are today.

Post imported post

wally1120 wrote:
    For everyone saying Concealed carry should be banned, You are aware that nobody would be able to carry in a Vehicle, ETSA, ETC. Unless they lighten the laws on what OCers can do.
    Partly why I said it. CC ban would create a much larger outrage and people might actually stir their stumps and DO something about it.

Post imported post

if i had to choose one id choose to annex my property from the nation instead.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

I am a firm believer of both forms of carry. I OC full time right now, Due to not having my CPL yet. But once I obtain my CPL, My Guns will disappear. I would like to see both forms of carry stick around, But there maybe a chance that one of them may not be.

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-20-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Post imported post

Lets play the Gun Laws would be the same as we have now, Just one form of carry would be taken out of the picture which one would people decide?

OC - People wouldn`t be able to carry in Vehicles, ETC in this form of carry, Unless they play with OC laws.

CC - People could go about life with a Gun anywhere they want to, Just have to keep it Concealed. And might even be a little bit easier to obtain a CPL, But still have restrictions on them.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-20-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Post imported post

I am not saying I want either one of them banned I don`t want to have to have a choice myself ( when I do obtain a CPL). But I am just interested in what others think.

Banned

Post imported post

Ban CC. let the criminals hide!

Post imported post

Why would any of you accept a ban on either

We should never be ready to give ground but rather have the mindset that we will always be fighting to gain ground!!!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I don't support any restrictions on freedom. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter, Alaska carry should be goal 1.

Post imported post

People never cease to amaze me. A poll on restricting the 2A on a 2A website. A better question is what can happen if all gun owners put their petty differences and bickering aside and for once stand together to fight the government as a group in solidarity.

I did not and will vote on this poll.

Post imported post

See above

Post imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
    People never cease to amaze me. A poll on restricting the 2A on a 2A website. A better question is what can happen if all gun owners put their petty differences and bickering aside and for once stand together to fight the government as a group in solidarity.

-Nod-

Banned

Post imported post

this isnt about petty differences.

Its about what would you do, accepting the reality that things dont always go the way they should, and therefore, we might have to make a choice.

Post imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:

I completely agree and feel exactly the same way about this thread.

Wally what is your goal by opening 3+ threads on the banning of OC? Do you have ulterior motives?

Post imported post

For everyone getting pissed off at me over this thread, Please don`t. This is just a what if thing, I am sorry if I offended by making this thread, But why do people get so worked up? And I am not talking just about this thread, There are many other threads that get out of lineas well.

If you are offened by this thread, don`t come back to it and read what has been posted here. I am just asking people a simply question on something, Not trying to make anyone upset. I know this may seem like BS what this thread is about, But we may one day have one of the options of carry banned, I AM NOT SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN, NOR DO I WANT EITHER ONE TO BE CANNED. I think any form of carry is good, But sometimes OC isn`t always such a good idea.

Post imported post

No method/preference of carryshould be banned. There are going to be times when CC is prudent.

Banned

Post imported post

I agree, those times would be after a firearms or carry ban is instituted, until those bans are lifted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast