• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So you wanna carry a gun......

Wisconsin Regular

imported post

Gentlemen and ladies,

The primary reason for this post is to suggest that giving the police a hard time is the quickest way to endanger my gun rights as well as yours.Iterodes our public support and support of LEO's. Law enforcement officershave significant pull with our law makers andin most people's eyes are the good guys/gals.LEO's can can be our strongest allies, let's betrue patriots and smart (informed) patriots.

Let us first understandWisconsinlaw enforcement officerscome in different versions;

DCIagents - work for the Attorney general who is electedand agents are all plain clothes assigned to criminal investigations. (Dept of Criminal Investigation) agents, the closest version of "State Police" Wisconsin has..

Wisconsin State Patrol (emphasis Patrol) not state police, they work for the Dept. of Transportation. The Superintendent of the state patrol is appointed by the governor, who is elected. State capitol police and State park police also work for Gov. Doyle.

Police officers - work for cities, villages and townships. Chiefs of police work for Police and fire commissions, the commissioners are elected, Chiefs are hired and fired by the commission.

Sheriff's and Sheriff's deputies - County employees, Sheriff is elected,The sheriff functions independent of the county board and is elected by you.

Notice a pattern - vote your voice. Sheriff's are up for election this year, commissioners are up for election, Governor, ect.

Be informed, ask questions politely of these officials and their opponents, preferably in writing and ask for a written response.If they don't write back....Be smart, Vote for someone else, no good candidates, find one,be one.. Patriots step up.

Part 2 will followHow toworkwith the police.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Wisconsin Regular wrote:
The primary reason for this post is to suggest that giving the police a hard time is the quickest way to endanger my gun rights as well as yours.

So You Want To Give A Lecture......:dude:

Exercising our rights and refusing to be a doormat and standing up for our rights while being informed and educated on the matter is how we have gained ground in the past couple of years. This is Open Carry .org. We already are carrying openly. Please cut to the chase with the lecture....:? If you have been paying the slightest bit of attention,Officers in various WI agencies have been giving law abiding citizens who have been legally Open Carrying firearms a much harder time than any Open Carriers have given any Officers. I will point you to the case of a man doing yard work and absolutely minding his own business as just a single example of the many.

I would suggest that post #2 start out a little more friendly with a personal introduction if you wish to be welcomed to this message board. Taking it upon yourself to "show us the light" for your first post is not the recommended path to take....;)

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I don't speak for everyone on this internet forum, but I do speak for Wisconsin Carry.

We at Wisconsin Carry follow the law. We study it, we know it, and we go out of our way to comply with it. We work to change the laws we don't agree with but we comply with those that exist.

We expect the same from law-enforcement. Not a bit more, not a bit less.

Law-enforcement persons who know the law and operate within it are our friends and we theirs. We believe that the majority of law-enforcement fit this profile.

Law-enforcement persons who operate outside of what the law allows and exceed the limits of their authority won't be tolerated in the interest of appeasement.

Lurchiron

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
I don't speak for everyone on this internet forum, but I do speak for Wisconsin Carry.

We at Wisconsin Carry follow the law. We study it, we know it, and we go out of our way to comply with it. We work to change the laws we don't agree with but we comply with those that exist.

Law-enforcement persons who know the law and operate within it are our friends and we theirs. We believe that the majority of law-enforcement fit this profile.

Law-enforcement persons who operate outside of what the law allows and exceed the limits of their authority won't be tolerated in the interest of appeasement.
+1,000,000,000

Lurchiron

imported post

Where's part ll Mr. Regular? Shadows are getting short, shouldn't your response time also???

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have been OCing for almost 2 years now, dude.... thanks for Educating me. LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol: , Dude you are soooo late & have a lot of catching up to do ......I think the police officer that wrote part 1 , want's us to kiss the behinds of LE & be good little subjects. It amazes me that Newbies think we want to be lectured by them.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, I almost forgot to ask you....

Who is giving the Police a hard time ?
& How are we endangering your gun rights ?

Please explain.

AaronS

imported post

I for one, welcome any police that join our forum. I think it would make my life a lot easier if the police understood my open carry better.

For a first post, I think it was better then mine was...

Abraxxas

imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:

+1,000,000,000
+1

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AaronS wrote:
I for one, welcome any police that join our forum. I think it would make my life a lot easier if the police understood my open carry better.

For a first post, I think it was better then mine was...
I missed your first post. were you lecturing everyone too ? Did you start out by treating everyone like they were stupid,kinda like this guy did ?

Old Grump

imported post

Gee Mr. Wisconsin Regular how did we ever get along without you. Thank heavens you are here. Do we get the what guns and ammo are allowable next or the how to show proper respect to our superiors lecture. You are our superior right?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Waiting for Part 2 .......... How to work with the police..:lol:

Actually NEW GUY.....We don't have to work with the Police....The Police have to FOLLOW THE LAW. & OPEN CARRY is legal. I think I covered everything...:cool:

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Don't be so harsh on this guy. Although he did not start out on the right foot, he does offer some insight, not that we may not already have it.

I get along with LEO just fine. I do not flex my rights with arrogance. I exercise my rights with confidence. In fact, I had an LEO hold a door open for me yesterday. His eyes got really big, but he did not do anything. Iwas not intimadated by his firearm, why should he be intimadated by mine?

Most LEO's are just like soccer moms in the respect that it may take thema little bit for them to get used to the growing number of law adiding citizens legally open carrying.

CARRY ON!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Don't be so harsh on this guy. Although he did not start out on the right foot, he does offer some insight, not that we may not already have it.

I get along with LEO just fine. I do not flex my rights with arrogance. I exercise my rights with confidence. In fact, I had an LEO hold a door open for me yesterday. His eyes got really big, but he did not do anything. Iwas not intimadated by his firearm, why should he be intimadated by mine?

Most LEO's are just like soccer moms in the respect that it may take thema little bit for them to get used to the growing number of law adiding citizens legally open carrying.

CARRY ON!
I also get along with LEO just fine by not having any interactions with them. I OC in the GB area all the time & never have run ins with them. at least none as of yet. ok, there was that time at the OC picnic at Ted Fritch park when the 2 decent GB officers stopped by to eat. It's actually funny, on many occasions I have been accused of looking like a cop, maybe that's why I never have interactions with them:D , I am 6'6" , 290 pounds, dress nice & look the part , Military style short hair cut, Clean Shaven & keep the Tattoo's covered most of the time & sunglasses are the key.

Old Grump

imported post

Police are not my problem, taught them marksmanship, shoot with them for recreation, socialize with them and even though my ex-brother in law was a cop I don't hold that against the police.

First sentence of his first post is:

The primary reason for this post is to suggest that giving the police a hard time is the quickest way to endanger my gun rights as well as yours.Iterodes our public support and support of LEO's.

Sounds like a lecture to me and I was not aware we needed a lecture from an unknown stranger whose qualifications are unknown and whose motives are unknown. Come to my house you had better say hello first and introduce yourself.

This clown walked into the kitchen and told us we had to cut our grass and then gave us a lesson on horticulture. In my house he would have been politely shown the door. If he showed up again then he had better have a pot of coffee and a coffee cake to go with his apology.

Just 2 centavos from an old grump.

M

McX

imported post

glock, if you look like your avatar i'll never confuse you with law enforcement:D hey, i'm going to highjack this thread for a moment, then let it go back; good news, went to court against that scumbag who ripped me off at ths shop today. his liar, er lawyer tried every bit one could think of, born a poor black child- though he was white, umm, drug use ruined my life number, criminal history spanning 4 decades, and several states. best one was the classic noah's ark defense; all my records got lost in the great flood. no one in that room bought it. neither did the judge; 1 1/2 yrs PRISON stayed to 3 yrs probation- monthly pay until i'm paid back, miss a payment go to PRISON. not city jail, or county lockup- the big word; PRISON. and what does this have to do with open carry?; judge flat out told him; you have just lost your right to own or possess a firearm. tsk-tsk. shocked the hell out of me, i actually had a good monday. now back to your regularly scheduled program, and the dog's nose noses on; put in for my non-res. penn. permit today too. i just can't stop smiling today.:celebrate:);):D:cool:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
glock, if you look like your avatar i'll never confuse you with law enforcement:D hey, i'm going to highjack this thread for a moment, then let it go back; good news, went to court against that scumbag who ripped me off at ths shop today. his liar, er lawyer tried every bit one could think of, born a poor black child- though he was white, umm, drug use ruined my life number, criminal history spanning 4 decades, and several states. best one was the classic noah's ark defense; all my records got lost in the great flood. no one in that room bought it. neither did the judge; 1 1/2 yrs PRISON stayed to 3 yrs probation- monthly pay until i'm paid back, miss a payment go to PRISON. not city jail, or county lockup- the big word; PRISON. and what does this have to do with open carry?; judge flat out told him; you have just lost your right to own or possess a firearm. tsk-tsk. shocked the hell out of me, i actually had a good monday. now back to your regularly scheduled program, and the dog's nose noses on; put in for my non-res. penn. permit today too. i just can't stop smiling today.:celebrate:);):D:cool:
AWESOME NEWS !!!!good for you.:D

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:

I get along with LEO just fine. I do not flex my rights with arrogance. I exercise my rights with confidence. In fact, I had an LEO hold a door open for me yesterday. His eyes got really big, but he did not do anything. Iwas not intimidated by his firearm, why should he be intimidated by mine?

Most LEO's are just like soccer moms in the respect that it may takea little bit for them to get used to the growing number of law abiding citizens legally open carrying.

CARRY ON!
I also get along with LEO just fine by not having any interactions with them. I OC in the GB area all the time & never have run ins with them. at least none as of yet. ok, there was that time at the OC picnic at Ted Fritch park when the 2 decent GB officers stopped by to eat. It's actually funny, on many occasions I have been accused of looking like a cop, maybe that's why I never have interactions with them:D , I am 6'6" , 290 pounds, dress nice & look the part , Military style short hair cut, Clean Shaven & keep the Tattoo's covered most of the time & sunglasses are the key.

I definitely do not fit that description. I have had two interactions, if interactions is what I can call them.

Last Tuesday, I walked past a city cop pumping gas. I said, "Hola". He responded, "Good Morning". He saw my gun. He only watched over his shoulder still pumping gas as I unloaded and encased to a within reach location.

Last Sunday, I walked into a convenience store and had a county deputy hold the door open for me. I said, "Good Afternoon, Sir". He responded, "U2". His eyes did get kinda big with his eyes locked on my gun. He proceeded to go to his car an get in until the store manager went out to his squad and talked to him. Then he came back in. He stood up at the counter. After I got my cappachino, I went towards the counter, and proceeded to stand behind him, like I was waiting inline becasue I thought I was, until a cashier called me over to the other register that was closed.I exited the store, then did the deputy. He got into his car. I decided to get out of winter boots and get my shoes back on.I was parked on the corner of the store. He was parked closer to the door. He pulled out, drove past me around me and pulled into another spot by the bask corner of the store where he could watch me, I assume with his dash cam. After I got my shoes on, I unloaded and encased. My son who just got his temps Friday was driving. He followed us for more than a mile.

No negative interaction. They seemed more curious than anything. Maybe, its a good thing I don't live in Milwaukee. Maybe they haveseen pictures of the demonstration rally that took place at the State Patrol Headquarters in Waukesha County and recognized me and did not want to risk embarrassing his department.They had the righttoapproach me, detain meand ask questions and did not.

As of yet, no negative interactions to speak of.