• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So you wanna carry a gun......

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

McX wrote:
glock, if you look like your avatar i'll never confuse you with law enforcement:D hey, i'm going to highjack this thread for a moment, then let it go back; good news, went to court against that scumbag who ripped me off at ths shop today. his liar, er lawyer tried every bit one could think of, born a poor black child- though he was white, umm, drug use ruined my life number, criminal history spanning 4 decades, and several states. best one was the classic noah's ark defense; all my records got lost in the great flood. no one in that room bought it. neither did the judge; 1 1/2 yrs PRISON stayed to 3 yrs probation- monthly pay until i'm paid back, miss a payment go to PRISON. not city jail, or county lockup- the big word; PRISON. and what does this have to do with open carry?; judge flat out told him; you have just lost your right to own or possess a firearm. tsk-tsk. shocked the hell out of me, i actually had a good monday. now back to your regularly scheduled program, and the dog's nose noses on; put in for my non-res. penn. permit today too. i just can't stop smiling today.:celebrate:);):D:cool:
McX, this deserves its own thread.

M

McX

imported post

nah, broken sproket. just a sunny moment in a dull winter day i wanted to share with my fellow carriers.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:

No negative interaction. They seemed more curious than anything. Maybe, its a good thing I don't live in Milwaukee. Maybe they haveseen pictures of the demonstration rally that took place at the State Patrol Headquarters in Waukesha County and recognized me and did not want to risk embarrassing his department.They had the righttoapproach me, detain meand ask questions and did not.

As of yet, no negative interactions to speak of.
I disagree:

He had the right to approach you and talk to you but had no POWER to detain you. Furthermore, you had to the right to refuse to talk to him and go about your business.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
They had the righttoapproach me, detain meand ask questions and did not.
Have to agree with Brass Magnet on this one. LEO has no more or less rights that you or I. As LEO, we the people, empower them with certain privileges. Any officer can start up a conversation, just as you or I could. You have the right to end the conversation with the LEO, just like you can with anybody else.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I will post this to both threads started by Wisconsin Regular. You came, posted a comment, but then failed to return to address any of the issues brought forth by the members here. We use this forum for a free exchange of ideas and topics related to open carry.

Please feel free to post responses to the issues raised on both these threads, I look forward to your reply and to discussing these issues further.

Lastly, NO I don't "wanna carry a gun." I would prefer to live in a utopian society where violence is nonexistent, but that isn't reality. The reality is, when the "goblin" comes, I will be the only think standing between the evil in the world and my family; that's why I have to carry a gun.