• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gura on Fox

Streetbikerr6

imported post

well spoken.

This will incorporate the 2nd only in Chicago which will open doors for other states to follow the same line of attack for incorporation, correct?

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Love it. During most of the first part of the traitor's argument, they split-screened guns... lots of guns. I suspect it helped many of us to tune his verbal diarrhea out.

And Gura's reaction was more than an eye-roll, looked like a gag.

This will incorporate the 2A nationwide.

coolusername2007

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
well spoken.

This will incorporate the 2nd only in Chicago which will open doors for other states to follow the same line of attack for incorporation, correct?

No, this case would incorporate the 2nd across all states (and I think even territories). Further this case could resurrect the P&I clause of the 14th...that would be HUGE, because it would reverse Cruikshank. I think. ;)

ETA: See the document Ed Peruta posted in this thread.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Streetbikerr6 wrote:
well spoken.

No, this case would incorporate the 2nd across all states (and I think even territories).  Further this case could resurrect the P&I clause of the 14th...that would be HUGE, because it would reverse Cruikshank.  I think.  ;)

ETA:  See the document Ed Peruta posted in this thread.

wow huge. will the ruling be brought on the same day?

coolusername2007

imported post

SCOTUS will have until June to rule. Which by the way is why many have "stood down" on UOC until June...they have decided to wait until the ruling for a positive affirmation of a 2A right in CA.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

yikes, I just read that on the heller case they took until june. That sucks. Will be a nail biter until that time although it seems promising with gura.