• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistol problem

Killer1306

imported post

My Greatgrandpa of 92 passed away a few years back and my family has been wondering what to do about his .22 rugar handgun (i belive it is a rugar). it is OLD with a swept back handle. i looked into it and i was told that it needs to be taken to the shiriffs office and inspected and if it was not registerd they would confiscate it as contraban. is this true or is there something elts that can be done? it should not be so hard to get a gun legal.

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

I had to do the same thing recently.

They told me to have the closest immediate family member fill out the seller portion of the Pistol Sales Record and you fill in yours. Bring a death certificate.

Inspections are no longer required. They should have no problems registering it to you. They didn't take my gun and in fact they ever even look at it.