• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oversees for a year - Carry License expiring, can I renew from afar?

OC4me

imported post

Hi all! Wish Florida had open carry!

Meanwhile, if I want to carry immediately when I return hometo Florida, I have to renew my Concealed Weapons or FirearmsLicense. The problem is thatI am presently overseas and won't return for another year. The license will expire in June.

1) Can I actuallyrenew while out-of-state/country via the mail?

2) What is the cost to renew?

I am hoping that there are no fingerprint or training requirements for renewal, if so then I definately won't be able to renew by mail. However, it if is only a form that needs to be filled with perhaps an updated photograph, then I should be good to go.

Thanks!

P.S. My permanent address is still in Florida, so I'm not worried about change-of-address rules, etc.

brboyer

imported post

OC4me wrote:
Hi all! Wish Florida had open carry!

Meanwhile, if I want to carry immediately when I return hometo Florida, I have to renew my Concealed Weapons or FirearmsLicense. The problem is thatI am presently overseas and won't return for another year. The license will expire in June.

1) Can I actuallyrenew while out-of-state/country via the mail?

2) What is the cost to renew?

I am hoping that there are no fingerprint or training requirements for renewal, if so then I definately won't be able to renew by mail. However, it if is only a form that needs to be filled with perhaps an updated photograph, then I should be good to go.

Thanks!

P.S. My permanent address is still in Florida, so I'm not worried about change-of-address rules, etc.

Link

The licensee must renew his or her license on or before the expiration date by filing with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services the renewal form containing a notarized affidavit stating that the licensee remains qualified pursuant to the criteria specified in subsections (2) and (3), a color photograph as specified in paragraph (5)(e), and the required renewal fee.
Also, If you are military, the license does not expire for something like 180 days after you return home. See the link for additional information.

FLEMTP

imported post

I did find something interesting the the FL CWL laws...

This is under [size="-1"]790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.--[/size]

[size="-1"]b)A license issued to a servicemember, as defined in s. 250.01, is subject to paragraph (a); however, such a license does not expire while the servicemember is serving on military orders that have taken him or her over 35 miles from his or her residence and shall be extended, as provided in this paragraph, for up to 180 days after his or her return to such residence. If the license renewal requirements in paragraph (a) are met within the 180-day extension period, the servicemember may not be charged any additional costs, such as, but not limited to, late fees or delinquency fees, above the normal license fees. The servicemember must present to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services a copy of his or her official military orders or a written verification from the member's commanding officer before the end of the 180-day period in order to qualify for the extension. [/size]

Its quite a ways down but if you read the entire law.. you will find this section.. should be a huge help for you if you can't get the renewal out in time because you're serving

brboyer

imported post

FLEMTP wrote:
I did find something interesting the the FL CWL laws...

This is under [size=-1]790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.--[/size]

[size=-1]b)A license issued to a servicemember, as defined in s. 250.01, is subject to paragraph (a); however, such a license does not expire while the servicemember is serving on military orders that have taken him or her over 35 miles from his or her residence and shall be extended, as provided in this paragraph, for up to 180 days after his or her return to such residence. If the license renewal requirements in paragraph (a) are met within the 180-day extension period, the servicemember may not be charged any additional costs, such as, but not limited to, late fees or delinquency fees, above the normal license fees. The servicemember must present to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services a copy of his or her official military orders or a written verification from the member's commanding officer before the end of the 180-day period in order to qualify for the extension. [/size]

Its quite a ways down but if you read the entire law.. you will find this section.. should be a huge help for you if you can't get the renewal out in time because you're serving
Yes, as was pointed out in my initial reply.

FLEMTP

imported post

oh jeez.. i feel silly.. i breezed through this topic a little too quick.. sorry about the double posted info guys!:shock:

brboyer

imported post

FLEMTP wrote:
oh jeez.. i feel silly.. i breezed through this topic a little too quick.. sorry about the double posted info guys!:shock:

Sorry, I meant to add this :pto the end of my post above.

Don't want you to think I'm a jerk. (not yet anyway)