Thread: New to UOC with question & Placer County No Carry Map

Post imported post

Greetings! New to UOC and wanted to say thanks for all the great info. It is organizations like this which will keep the progressives from tearing apart our Country's fabric.

My question concerns distinguishing between incorporated and unincorporated areas and how it affects open carry i.e. loaded or unloaded.

Also, in reviewing Placer County code, I found a section with a legal description where all firearms, bows included, are required to be locked up.

P.C.C. 6.24.010 Hunting.
    C. Nothing in this section prohibits the possession of firearms or bows and arrows by persons when traveling through the areas hereinafter identified when the firearms are taken apart or encased and unloaded and the bows are unstrung.

A map of the area and a Google earth KML file are attached.

Thanks to everybody.

Post imported post

To determine if a place is unincorporated you would need to look at a local map outlining these places, usually in some geographical database (that is where I found unincorporated areas down here).

The kicker about that though is that even if the area is unincorporated, if there is a regulation against discharge you can't load up.

Californiaopencarry.org has all the resources you need.

Post imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
    To determine if a place is unincorporated you would need to look at a local map outlining these places, usually in some geographical database (that is where I found unincorporated areas down here).

The kicker about that though is that even if the area is unincorporated, if there is a regulation against discharge you can't load up.

Californiaopencarry.org has all the resources you need.
    These regulations are similar to what I found in Placer County's code? I searched for firearm; any other search terms you look up?

Thanks

Post imported post

When I look up town ordinances in CT, I usually use "firearm" "gun" "weapon" "hunt" or "hunting". Usually does the trick.