• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to UOC with question & Placer County No Carry Map

cg911

imported post

Greetings! New to UOC and wanted to say thanks for all the great info. It is organizations like this which will keep the progressives from tearing apart our Country's fabric.

My question concerns distinguishing between incorporated and unincorporated areas and how it affects open carry i.e. loaded or unloaded.

Also, in reviewing Placer County code, I found a section with a legal description where all firearms, bows included, are required to be locked up.

P.C.C. 6.24.010 Hunting.
C. Nothing in this section prohibits the possession of firearms or bows and arrows by persons when traveling through the areas hereinafter identified when the firearms are taken apart or encased and unloaded and the bows are unstrung.

A map of the area and a Google earth KML file are attached.

Thanks to everybody.

pullnshoot25

imported post

To determine if a place is unincorporated you would need to look at a local map outlining these places, usually in some geographical database (that is where I found unincorporated areas down here).

The kicker about that though is that even if the area is unincorporated, if there is a regulation against discharge you can't load up.

Californiaopencarry.org has all the resources you need.

cg911

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
To determine if a place is unincorporated you would need to look at a local map outlining these places, usually in some geographical database (that is where I found unincorporated areas down here).

The kicker about that though is that even if the area is unincorporated, if there is a regulation against discharge you can't load up.

Californiaopencarry.org has all the resources you need.
These regulations are similar to what I found in Placer County's code? I searched for firearm; any other search terms you look up?

Thanks