• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks - KPTV

GSXRrider

imported post

Starbucks allowing firearms in their stores made it to KPTV's new this morning...People really seem to think that if one is carrying a firearm and they get aggravated that they are just going to start shooting or something. Why do they think gun free zones are so safe??? Because it's been proven that they aren't...

http://www.kptv.com/news/22698246/detail.html

mlacey56

imported post

GSXRrider wrote:
Starbucks allowing firearms in their stores made it to KPTV's new this morning...People really seem to think that if one is carrying a firearm and they get aggravated that they are just going to start shooting or something. Why do they think gun free zones are so safe??? Because it's been proven that they aren't...

http://www.kptv.com/news/22698246/detail.html

Yeah. Train-wreck. But did we expect any different? Nice response under the article BTW :celebrate. Same one showed up in the Register-Guard today.... :?

DenWin

imported post

That article actually shows why I like FOX. They tend to show both sides, but didn't take one side over another.

As far as this guy: "People go to Starbucks for an escape, just so they can get peace," Fascitelli said. "But people walk in with open-carry guns and it destroys the tranquility." I don't know about him. That's like expecting a private conversation while you're standing in line to get a coffee :?