• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stand by for Grass Roots Gun Rights South Carolina Action Alert! Later today 1 March 2010

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Friends,

GrassRoots will be issuing an Action Alert later today. It is CRUCIAL that you get everyone you know to respond ASAP.

The politicians at the statehouse understand that virtually all of the CWP prohibited carry locations in SC are stupid and contrary to better public safety. BUT, these politicians are not willing to get rid of the prohibited carry locations for you and me. Instead, on Wednesday morning, the politicians will be considering a bill to allow members of the General Assembly who possess a CWP to carry EVERYWHERE in SC with NO restrictions of any kind!

Politicians are no better than we are!

Their lives are NOT more important than my life, your life, or the
lives of our families!

We need to send a very LOUD and LARGE message that special privileges for politicians is WRONG!

PLEASE be sure to respond to the GrassRoots GunRights Action Alert so that we can either amend this bill to include ALL CWP holders or kill this special privileges for politicians bill.

The subcommittee will also be considering another bill to allow
possession of firearms in private vehicles - which GrassRoots
supports. So, if you respond to the GrassRoots Action Alert, we will be able to kill two birds with one stone.

Our rights depend upon your taking action when we need you to take
action. One drop of rain is relatively insignificant. But, trillions of drops of rain can cause a flash flood.

We need to shut down the switchboard at the House and overload the email system.

hp-hobo

imported post

download

[align=left]

*** GrassRoots Action Alert - H. 4112 ***
March 1, 2010

It will come as no surprise to gun owners that some politicians think they should be able to enjoy certain privileges that the rest of us mere citizens should not get.

Well, those same politicians are at it again here in South Carolina!

H. 4112 would let politicians in the SC General Assembly (and certain other public officials) who possess a concealed weapon permit (CWP) carry a self-defense firearm virtually anywhere in the state. But will this bill allow YOU same freedom? NO!

Why should politicians have privileges greater than the rest of us mere mortals? H. 4112 is an example of how politicians seem to forget the fact that they are public servants, not our masters.

GrassRoots GunRights strongly opposes H. 4112 as currently drafted. GrassRoots still believes the words “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Evidently, some SC politicians do not think SC citizens should be treated as their equals.

H. 4112 will be discussed at a meeting of the House Judiciary General Laws Subcommittee on Wednesday morning. H. 4112 needs to either be amended to provide the same carry privileges for ALL CWP holders. Otherwise, H. 4112 needs to die.

ACTION STEPS:

1) Call each member of the House General Laws Subcommittee and tell them the following:

“I strongly urge you to Vote NO on H. 4112! No special privileges for politicians! If it's good enough for YOU, it's good enough for ME. GrassRoots GunRights speaks for me!

2) Email each member of House General Laws Subcommittee with the same message”

“Dear Representative (INSERT NAME):

I strongly urge you to Vote NO on H. 4112! No special privileges for politicians! If it's good enough for YOU, it's good enough for ME. GrassRoots GunRights speaks for me!

Sincerely,

(YOUR NAME)
(YOUR TOWN)”

Members of the SC House General Laws Subcommittee:

Rep.Bruce Bannister
(803) 734-3009
BannisterB@schouse.org

Rep. Dan Hamilton
(803) 212-6795
DanHamilton@schouse.org

Rep. George Hearn
(803) 212-6796
GeorgeHearn@schouse.org

Rep. Leon Stavrinakis
(803) 734-3039
StavL@schouse.org

Rep.David Weeks
(803) 734-3102
JDW@schhouse.org

If you are unable to reach any of these Representatives at their individual office numbers listed above, call the House Judiciary Committee (803)734-3120 and ask to be transferred.

Thank you for taking immediate action on this very important gun rights issue!
[/align]

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

To: The legislators
Subject: In re H.4112, Either we are equal or we are not.

It is an obamination that legislators would try to grant themselves such elite and exceptional status.

Amend H.4112 to liberalize privileges for all Concealed Weapons Permit holders OR KILL IT!

In the name of justice. Grass Roots Gun Rights South Carolina speaks for me.

Doug Huffman
(late of) Mt. Pleasant
South Carolina