• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NBC News: Guns at Starbucks? No Problem!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.nbcwashington.com/around-town/food-drink/Starbucks-Guns-No-Problem-85819177.html

SNIP

Guns at Starbucks? No Problem!
Coffee giant isn't fighting open carry laws
By ANDREA BERRY
Updated 12:16 PM EST, Mon, Mar 1, 2010

51404632.jpg

. . .

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I love how so many of these types of articles say something like, "Virginia is one of those states that allow citizens to carry guns openly". This statement is in complete error. In order for a state to "allow" a citizen to do something, one would see some sort of statement or clause in state law which indicates this. The fact that nothing is said about openly carrying a firearm is not an allowance by the state. It's really a non-issue or what I like to refer to here as the default mode of carry.

An analogy could be made about breathing. Are we allowed to breath? Is there a law or clause needed to protect our "right" to breathe"? Sounds rather stupid - just like is there a law or clause which "allows" us to openly carry a firearm.

Dreamer

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
An analogy could be made about breathing. Are we allowed to breath? Is there a law or clause needed to protect our "right" to breathe"? Sounds rather stupid - just like is there a law or clause which "allows" us to openly carry a firearm.

Actually, inder the proposed Carbon Tax system that they're trying to put in place, that would be an EXACT analogy.

Pretty soon you WILL need a permit to exhale. Or at the very least, you will be charged for every bit of "carbon" you put into the environment...

Stupid stuff like this attempted Carbon Tax scam are exactly WHY we need to keep our RKBA intact...

milkmanjoe

imported post

I'm not here much anymore, but saw this today....watch The Colbert Report....OpenCarry at Starbucks is on there today, too. 7:30 eastern...can probably watch it at the Colbert website