• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Join Us in Seattle: No Guns in Starbucks!

Dave_pro2a

imported post

If nothing else, that page is good for stealing an awesome image:

23198.gif

"Guns and Coffee!" God bless America!

:celebrate

Kildars

imported post

So far, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Buckhorn Grill and California Pizza Kitchen have heeded customer concerns and barred the open carrying of guns in their establishments. Thus far, Starbucks has refused to prohibit the open carrying of firearms in its stores.

Tsk tsk.

antispam540

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Hmmm...maybe some OC'ers should show up and crash the party. Is there a Starbuck's nearby?
I think we should show up, but I don't think we should be carrying signs or visible weapons. If we show up too and everybody starts yelling slogans or questions at each other (you know that even if we're polite, they won't be), Starbucks is just going to say "screw this, they're all banned".

On the other hand, if everybody goes to that Starbucks and buys coffee and sits and enjoys it, the anti-gun protest will have absolutely zero effect.

Kildars

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
911Boss wrote:
Hmmm...maybe some OC'ers should show up and crash the party. Is there a Starbuck's nearby?
I think we should show up, but I don't think we should be carrying signs or visible weapons. If we show up too and everybody starts yelling slogans or questions at each other (you know that even if we're polite, they won't be), Starbucks is just going to say "screw this, they're all banned".

On the other hand, if everybody goes to that Starbucks and buys coffee and sits and enjoys it, the anti-gun protest will have absolutely zero effect.
I agree don't picket back, it makes us look foolish. However I think OCing may be a good idea, just bring your laptop/newspaper and order a drink and sit down.

Thats all we have to do.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Maybe, if we do it right, we can get the Brady Bunch to remove all the no guns signs. and save the tax payers (you & I) a few $

antispam540

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
antispam540 wrote:
I think we should show up, but I don't think we should be carrying signs or visible weapons.
I don't understand the point? Why would I want to go somewhere where the Brady Campaign is going to be at and not carry my gun? Why would I change my day to day habits because the Brady Bunch is going to be there? If you show up and buy a coffee and have no gun and no sign, you are going to have zero effect being there, so whybe there if you would not normally go anyway? And if you would normally go there anyway, with your openly carried gun, why change that?
What if going there is changing your day to day habits? If they're not worth changing your day-to-day habits, then don't go to their protest.

amzbrady

imported post

Not knocking anyones reason to open carry or change their habits, I just think it would be funny esp for them if everyone showed up covering their open carry and when things get going and they think it is just them and they are a big crowd, then everyone un-conceal and amongst them, they would either clear out really quickly or learn that we're not so bad and alot of people with guns doesnt always mean someones gonna die.

Hendo

imported post

We could always ask the Brady spies what they think.

amlevin

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Not knocking anyones reason to open carry or change their habits, I just think it would be funny esp for them if everyone showed up covering their open carry and when things get going and they think it is just them and they are a big crowd, then everyone un-conceal and amongst them, they would either clear out really quickly or learn that we're not so bad and alot of people with guns doesnt always mean someones gonna die.

I think I'd be afraid of a "wardrobe malfunction" and end up "un-concealing" more than I wanted to.:what:

Just a dumb thought. Maybe someday someone in the Brady campaign to stop gun violence will realize that they can accomplish their Mission Statement just by campaigning for vigorous enforcement of existing laws. Start with real sentences for those who use guns in crime and less "bleeding heart liberal rehabilitation and first time offender forgiveness" bull$h!t. If they did that, I might even send them $1.00.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

911Boss wrote:

Not a good idea...

Join Us Wednesday, March 3
Tell Starbucks To Keep Guns Out Of Their Stores

Dear Friend,

On Wednesday, March 3, the Brady Campaign, Washington CeaseFire and the Washington Million Mom March Chapters, will be holding a press conference to urge Starbucks to adopt a "no gun" corporate policy in their establishments.

Over the past few months, more and more gun owners have been gathering at restaurants and coffee shops like Starbucks with guns strapped to their hips, intimidating fellow patrons. In response, we partnered with CREDO to collect more than 28,000 petitions from concerned Americans.

So far, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Buckhorn Grill and California Pizza Kitchen have heeded customer concerns and barred the open carrying of guns in their establishments. Thus far, Starbucks has refused to prohibit the open carrying of firearms in its stores.

WHEN:
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
10:30 AM

WHERE:
Victor Steinbrueck Park
(Next to Pike Place Market)
2000 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Click here to see the event location.

Guns don't belong in restaurants where families and children gather.

We hope to see you Wednesday!

Sincerely,

Paul Helmke, President
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Looks like the Brady Campaign is raising the ante.

Frankly, they have a very good shot at reversing the current Starbucks policy...

amzbrady

imported post

amlevin wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

I think I'd be afraid of a "wardrobe malfunction" and end up "un-concealing" more than I wanted to.:what:

Just a dumb thought. Maybe someday someone in the Brady campaign to stop gun violence will realize that they can accomplish their Mission Statement just by campaigning for vigorous enforcement of existing laws. Start with real sentences for those who use guns in crime and less "bleeding heart liberal rehabilitation and first time offender forgiveness" bull$h!t. If they did that, I might even send them $1.00.
+1 Maybe rally more on gun crime instead of gun carry.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
HankT wrote:
Not a good idea...

Frankly, they have a very good shot at reversing the current Starbucks policy...

Whose the a.......e who invited HankT into this conversation?!? Oh, crap,... nevermind! :lol:

You going, NLT? Gonna OC at the Brady event? It's not too too far from you...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
HankT wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
HankT wrote:
Not a good idea...

Whose the a.......e who invited HankT into this conversation?!? Oh, crap,... nevermind! :lol:

You going, NLT? Gonna OC at the Brady event? It's not too too far from you...
No, damn it. I have Navy training to go to Wednesday. If I could, though, I would so be there packing!

OCing?