• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater March 16, 2010 OC Dining Out at 7:00PM

Bubba Ron

imported post

I have been asked to post this dining out:

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 7:00PM

K & W Cafeteria, 7525 North Tidewater Drive, Norfolk

Phone: 588-3368

Directions: Take the Tidewater Drive NORTH exit off of I-64 and turn left at the THIRD traffic light. (You should be turning left across from the Big K-Mart and the Super Wal-Mart).

We've never been there but we're told they have some pretty good grub...hope to see you there....

wylde007

imported post

You have "16" in the body and "26" in the subject title.

Since the 16th is a Tuesday and the 26th is not, I'm going to go with that date.

I might be able to swing it. Maybe bring some others with me... I'll pass the word and see.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:

Directions: Take the Tidewater Drive NORTH exit off of I-64 and turn left at the THIRD traffic light. (You should be turning left across from the Big K-Mart and the Super Wal-Mart).

We've never been there but we're told they have some pretty good grub...hope to see you there....
:exclaim:By whom? Who is our host?? :exclaim:

Bubba Ron

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
You have "16" in the body and "26" in the subject title.

Since the 16th is a Tuesday and the 26th is not, I'm going to go with that date.

I might be able to swing it. Maybe bring some others with me... I'll pass the word and see.
Nope,my Subject line is ALWAYS "Tidewater (appropriate month) OC Dining Out"and it was when I posted this dining out- someone altered it. I don't use the second line because it causes confusion for the second or third dining out in that same month.

The moderator that altered my post needs to remove the 26 Marchfrom my "subject" line.

Bubba Ron

imported post

joeamt wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:

:exclaim:By whom? Who is our host?? :exclaim:
Why shouldit matter? We don't have no stinkin' host...just someone that suggested this place and time.

t33j

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Why should it matter?  We don't have no stinkin' host...just someone that suggested this place and time.
thumbs_up.gif

Bubba Ron

imported post

I see the title has been changed to reflect March 16 now. Whoever is altering posts on this site needs stop this practice. I, nor anyone else, requires your personal touch to OUR posts!!! I have sent an email to John concerning this. If I want MY post altered, I will use the EDIT button.

wylde007

imported post

I will not be able to attend.:(

That whole week I am working in the evenings in Newport News as a technical consultant to the Lion's Club and the American Legion for their annual fundraiser at Warwick High School.

Kevin108

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
I see the title has been changed to reflect March 16 now. Whoever is altering posts on this site needs stop this practice. I, nor anyone else, requires your personal touch to OUR posts!!! I have sent an email to John concerning this. If I want MY post altered, I will use the EDIT button.
I for one look for your specific title format as well. Removing offensive comments, moving off-topic posts and dealing with spam is a mod's job; editing individual posts is not.

GQflyboy

imported post

Hey sorry I flacked on the last dinner with the state rep. I would have done anything in my power to make it, but the USAF owns my @ss more than OCDO does.

I will be able to make this one, pending any major issues coming up at work again.

And will be eating prior to arrival. (Not a big fan of this joint)

EDIT: This tuesday just went out the window for me. work, work, work.....

Milbars

imported post

sorry, can't make that one. Like GQ said, AF owns me so I'm in Alexandria temporarily. The boss and I will be hitting up the gun show next weekend though!!