Thread: OT: JD Hayworth

Post imported post

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/J_D__Hayworth.htm

http://www.jdforsenate.com/

This guy is the most formidable opponent of McCain. What do you guys think of him? Going solely on his voting record, he looks like a good replacement of McCain.

Post imported post

It's hard for me, I grew up here, went to high school with some of the McCain clan, and know some of the family. McCain has represented Arizona well for the last 100 years, and what he brings to the State in someways outweighs my disagreements with his policy.

What is his NRA rating?

Post imported post

Kildars wrote:
    http://www.ontheissues.org/House/J_D__Hayworth.htm

http://www.jdforsenate.com/

This guy is the most formidable opponent of McCain. What do you guys think of him? Going solely on his voting record, he looks like a good replacement of McCain.
    I'll go with Hayworth. I don't really think he is that good but better then McAmnesty. McCain come home from service dumped his wife to marry a younger woman. Her dad was rich and financed McAmnesty first run for the Senate. This last election I saw 8 stickers for Obama to 1 for McAmnesty. and I live within 12 miles from his Ranch. That shows you how much he is liked. The NRA rated him a D if I remember right the GOA rated him an F. I'm pretty sure I got and E-Mail from GOA supporting Hayworth

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    It's hard for me, I grew up here, went to high school with some of the McCain clan, and know some of the family. McCain has represented Arizona well for the last 100 years, and what he brings to the State in someways outweighs my disagreements with his policy.

What is his NRA rating?
    What does he bring to the state?

I can't find his NRA ratings but he got an "A" grade rating from them.

• Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
    • Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
    • Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
    • Support the Second Amendment . (Dec 2000)
    • No lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jan 2001)
    • Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)

Post imported post

What does he bring to the State? Seniority in Congress is everything, as is influence. A new senator here would put Arizona on a list of states with little influence in Congress.

Is that enough to not vote for someone else, not sure.

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    What does he bring to the State? Seniority in Congress is everything, as is influence. A new senator here would put Arizona on a list of states with little influence in Congress.

Even if he's influencing the wrong side? A vote is still a vote whether you're a newbie or a veteran.

McCain's record on guns is not very good.

Post imported post

Kildars wrote:
    Pace wrote:

Even if he's influencing the wrong side? A vote is still a vote whether you're a newbie or a veteran.

Agreed! And we haven't even talked about his views on Illegals

Post imported post

I'm not going to address the comment about illegals, as its the wrong forum.

Gun Rights he is better than most, worse than some. However, is he someone who can help or hurt us. I don't see JD helping anyone long term, and being more a polarizing figure. I could be wrong.

lostone1413 wrote:
    Kildars wrote:
    Pace wrote:

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    I'm not going to address the comment about illegals, as its the wrong forum.

Gun Rights he is better than most, worse than some. However, is he someone who can help or hurt us. I don't see JD helping anyone long term, and being more a polarizing figure. I could be wrong.

lostone1413 wrote:
    Kildars wrote:
    Pace wrote:

I think when it comes down to just the gun issues, voting for hayworth alone is enough. McCain voted to swear in Holder, McCain supports an AWB, "depending on the details." He's a pretty mixed bag on guns.

I understand that he's been in there for a long time, and I know his service to this country is outstanding, but I'm not seeing how that exempts him from voting conservative.

Post imported post

Jim Deakin comes to the OC dinners, nuff said.

http://jimdeakin.com/

JD hayworth doesn't like guns, and after his rant about Chris last year for his OC of an AR, I got nothing nice to say about him.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Post imported post

"Voting for Holder" - I'm not sure that disqualifies anyone, because there were actually much worse choices.

Post imported post

go to www.congress.org

I'll be voting for JD Hayworth.
    Mccain has NOT been truly for the 2nd amendment and he is also for unconditional amnesty to illegals.
    He also votes a lot AGAINST veterans which really blows my mind considering where he's been and what he's been through himself.
    Bob

Post imported post

Keep any discussion not with guns, off the board "amnesty for illegals" please. We all have different opinions about this and dont want the debate.

Let's keep it focused on OC Gun Rights, only.

Cava3r4 wrote:
    go to http://www.congress.org

I'll be voting for JD Hayworth.
    Mccain has NOT been truly for the 2nd amendment and he is also for unconditional amnesty to illegals.
    He also votes a lot AGAINST veterans which really blows my mind considering where he's been and what he's been through himself.
    Bob

Post imported post

Mccain is a RINO. He is leaning to the right now because he is in a fight for his political life. Mccain would sell out the 2nd amendment in a heartbeat if it was to his political gain, he's a political animal... a politician just trying to stay in office.

Post imported post

It is past time for McCain to go. That said I learned to dislike JD Hayworth when he was a TV reporter.

I think it's time to research Jim Deakin.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Post imported post

Of the three candidates being discussed, McCain is the worst when it comes to gun rights. GOA came out and endorced Hayworth. As Clyde pointed out, Jim Deakin comes to our open carry meetings. Either one is better than McCain.

Post imported post

I got an email alert from the GOA about the upcoming Republican primary. They support Hayworth.

Post imported post

JD was an afternoon talk show host on KFYI radio for many months after his defeat in congress by a very well financed democrat (JD was targeted by the national organization for defeat). In months of listening to him on many topics, I found him a sensible, realistic conservative. He wrote at least one book that is available at Amazon if you want to learn more about him.

Living in AZ for 18 years, I've lost a lot of respect for McCain over the years. His contributions of the "Campaign Finance Reform" bill, and amnesty for illegal aliens stand out more than his mixed gun rights record as reasons I'll vote against him.

Post imported post

I have an issue with anyone who can't smile because of extensive botox No voting for JD!

Post imported post

If you are a Republican and gunsis your main issue, then voting for Hayworth would be the right thing to do.

I can say from experience that AZ gun rights activists I am hooked up with do not like John McCain at all. I know of one activist who wants to conduct a protest @ his office in Tucson.

If my memory serves correctly, McCain appeared in a TV or radio commerical for an anti-gun group that was financed by the founder/CEO of Monster.com.

However, I have no doubt in my mind that Hayworth would compromise too and he seemed to do so after getting elected in 1994.

I think Hayworth was one of the Republican freshmen who reneged on his 3 term limit promise.

If Hayworth loses in the primary, then I would suggest consider voting for the Libertarian candidate.

I know the guy who is running as a Libertarian and, so far, he is uncontested. His name is Rick Biondi and I will talk to him about his stances on guns.

I am sure Rick is clean on the gun issue and I believe he has a military background (respectfully),but will ask him none-the-less and will let you all know.

Post imported post

McCain is a RINO. He only looks conservative becasue he adheres to the NeoCon approach. Take that away and he's another Schwarzenegger. Having a war record does not buy him leeway in betrayal.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

Damn, McCain is austrian too? I'll speak to his daughter about that.

Post imported post

Wow, isn't kind of weird that McCain only responds to JD with help of people like Scott Brown, Sarah Palin and Jon Kyle. Unless he has some young people to make him look good, he doesn't have the guts to take on JD Hayworth.

A: He is anti guns.

B: He is anti free speech.

C: Wants to regulate vitiams.

D: Wasn't against Az sales tax increases until JD stated he opposed them.

E: He is an old has been politicians that will do anything to hang on to power....

Post imported post

Chez wrote:
    Wow, isn't kind of weird that McCain only responds to JD with help of people like Scott Brown, Sarah Palin and Jon Kyle. Unless he has some young people to make him look good, he doesn't have the guts to take on JD Hayworth.

A: He is anti guns.

B: He is anti free speech.

C: Wants to regulate vitiams.

D: Wasn't against Az sales tax increases until JD stated he opposed them.

E: He is an old has been politicians that will do anything to hang on to power....
    You're wasting your time. Party Voters are blind and deaf.

It's like asking a mountain to juggle.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.