• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: JD Hayworth

Pace

imported post

It's hard for me, I grew up here, went to high school with some of the McCain clan, and know some of the family. McCain has represented Arizona well for the last 100 years, and what he brings to the State in someways outweighs my disagreements with his policy.

What is his NRA rating?

lostone1413

imported post

Kildars wrote:
http://www.ontheissues.org/House/J_D__Hayworth.htm

http://www.jdforsenate.com/

This guy is the most formidable opponent of McCain. What do you guys think of him? Going solely on his voting record, he looks like a good replacement of McCain.
I'll go with Hayworth. I don't really think he is that good but better then McAmnesty. McCain come home from service dumped his wife to marry a younger woman. Her dad was rich and financed McAmnesty first run for the Senate. This last election I saw 8 stickers for Obama to 1 for McAmnesty. and I live within 12 miles from his Ranch. That shows you how much he is liked. The NRA rated him a D if I remember right the GOA rated him an F. I'm pretty sure I got and E-Mail from GOA supporting Hayworth

Kildars

imported post

Pace wrote:
It's hard for me, I grew up here, went to high school with some of the McCain clan, and know some of the family. McCain has represented Arizona well for the last 100 years, and what he brings to the State in someways outweighs my disagreements with his policy.

What is his NRA rating?
What does he bring to the state?

I can't find his NRA ratings but he got an "A" grade rating from them.

• Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
  • Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
  • Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
  • Support the Second Amendment . (Dec 2000)
  • No lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jan 2001)
  • Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)

Pace

imported post

What does he bring to the State? Seniority in Congress is everything, as is influence. A new senator here would put Arizona on a list of states with little influence in Congress.

Is that enough to not vote for someone else, not sure.

Kildars

imported post

Pace wrote:
What does he bring to the State? Seniority in Congress is everything, as is influence. A new senator here would put Arizona on a list of states with little influence in Congress.

Even if he's influencing the wrong side? A vote is still a vote whether you're a newbie or a veteran.

McCain's record on guns is not very good.

lostone1413

imported post

Kildars wrote:
Pace wrote:

Even if he's influencing the wrong side? A vote is still a vote whether you're a newbie or a veteran.

Agreed! And we haven't even talked about his views on Illegals

Pace

imported post

I'm not going to address the comment about illegals, as its the wrong forum.

Gun Rights he is better than most, worse than some. However, is he someone who can help or hurt us. I don't see JD helping anyone long term, and being more a polarizing figure. I could be wrong.

lostone1413 wrote:
Kildars wrote:
Pace wrote:

Kildars

imported post

Pace wrote:
I'm not going to address the comment about illegals, as its the wrong forum.

Gun Rights he is better than most, worse than some. However, is he someone who can help or hurt us. I don't see JD helping anyone long term, and being more a polarizing figure. I could be wrong.

lostone1413 wrote:
Kildars wrote:
Pace wrote:

I think when it comes down to just the gun issues, voting for hayworth alone is enough. McCain voted to swear in Holder, McCain supports an AWB, "depending on the details." He's a pretty mixed bag on guns.

I understand that he's been in there for a long time, and I know his service to this country is outstanding, but I'm not seeing how that exempts him from voting conservative.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Jim Deakin comes to the OC dinners, nuff said.

http://jimdeakin.com/

JD hayworth doesn't like guns, and after his rant about Chris last year for his OC of an AR, I got nothing nice to say about him.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Pace

imported post

"Voting for Holder" - I'm not sure that disqualifies anyone, because there were actually much worse choices.

Cava3r4

imported post

go to www.congress.org

I'll be voting for JD Hayworth.
Mccain has NOT been truly for the 2nd amendment and he is also for unconditional amnesty to illegals.
He also votes a lot AGAINST veterans which really blows my mind considering where he's been and what he's been through himself.
Bob

Pace

imported post

Keep any discussion not with guns, off the board "amnesty for illegals" please. We all have different opinions about this and dont want the debate.

Let's keep it focused on OC Gun Rights, only.

Cava3r4 wrote:
go to http://www.congress.org

I'll be voting for JD Hayworth.
Mccain has NOT been truly for the 2nd amendment and he is also for unconditional amnesty to illegals.
He also votes a lot AGAINST veterans which really blows my mind considering where he's been and what he's been through himself.
Bob

1FASTC4

imported post

Mccain is a RINO. He is leaning to the right now because he is in a fight for his political life. Mccain would sell out the 2nd amendment in a heartbeat if it was to his political gain, he's a political animal... a politician just trying to stay in office.

TOF

imported post

It is past time for McCain to go. That said I learned to dislike JD Hayworth when he was a TV reporter.

I think it's time to research Jim Deakin.

Chez

imported post

Of the three candidates being discussed, McCain is the worst when it comes to gun rights. GOA came out and endorced Hayworth. As Clyde pointed out, Jim Deakin comes to our open carry meetings. Either one is better than McCain.

Desert_Fun

imported post

JD was an afternoon talk show host on KFYI radio for many months after his defeat in congress by a very well financed democrat (JD was targeted by the national organization for defeat). In months of listening to him on many topics, I found him a sensible, realistic conservative. He wrote at least one book that is available at Amazon if you want to learn more about him.

Living in AZ for 18 years, I've lost a lot of respect for McCain over the years. His contributions of the "Campaign Finance Reform" bill, and amnesty for illegal aliens stand out more than his mixed gun rights record as reasons I'll vote against him.

Pace

imported post

I have an issue with anyone who can't smile because of extensive botox :( No voting for JD!