• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: JD Hayworth

AZGunster

imported post

If you are a Republican and gunsis your main issue, then voting for Hayworth would be the right thing to do.

I can say from experience that AZ gun rights activists I am hooked up with do not like John McCain at all. I know of one activist who wants to conduct a protest @ his office in Tucson.

If my memory serves correctly, McCain appeared in a TV or radio commerical for an anti-gun group that was financed by the founder/CEO of Monster.com.

However, I have no doubt in my mind that Hayworth would compromise too and he seemed to do so after getting elected in 1994.

I think Hayworth was one of the Republican freshmen who reneged on his 3 term limit promise.

If Hayworth loses in the primary, then I would suggest consider voting for the Libertarian candidate.

I know the guy who is running as a Libertarian and, so far, he is uncontested. His name is Rick Biondi and I will talk to him about his stances on guns.

I am sure Rick is clean on the gun issue and I believe he has a military background (respectfully),but will ask him none-the-less and will let you all know.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

McCain is a RINO. He only looks conservative becasue he adheres to the NeoCon approach. Take that away and he's another Schwarzenegger. Having a war record does not buy him leeway in betrayal.

Chez

imported post

Wow, isn't kind of weird that McCain only responds to JD with help of people like Scott Brown, Sarah Palin and Jon Kyle. Unless he has some young people to make him look good, he doesn't have the guts to take on JD Hayworth.

A: He is anti guns.

B: He is anti free speech.

C: Wants to regulate vitiams.

D: Wasn't against Az sales tax increases until JD stated he opposed them.

E: He is an old has been politicians that will do anything to hang on to power....

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Chez wrote:
Wow, isn't kind of weird that McCain only responds to JD with help of people like Scott Brown, Sarah Palin and Jon Kyle. Unless he has some young people to make him look good, he doesn't have the guts to take on JD Hayworth.

A: He is anti guns.

B: He is anti free speech.

C: Wants to regulate vitiams.

D: Wasn't against Az sales tax increases until JD stated he opposed them.

E: He is an old has been politicians that will do anything to hang on to power....
You're wasting your time. Party Voters are blind and deaf.

It's like asking a mountain to juggle.