• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Volunteers Needed

S

scubabeme

imported post

The organizers ofDenver's annual Friends of the NRA (the agency that issues grants for gun education programs, a 501(c)(3) charitableorganization, http://www.friendsofnra.org/Default.aspx?cid=94)banquet on November 13th need volunteers. This year's keynote speaker is Oliver North! Volunteers that pay for the (not cheap, but hey, it's a good cause) dinner will get to meet him.

Positions are available on setup, teardown, raffle and silent auction committees. PM me for more info if interested. I will tell you that "setup" is the only committee that is eligible for helping without paying/staying for the dinner. All other committees require attending the dinner in order to participate.

Pace

imported post

1) Can't OC in denver, so wont be going there.
2) What does Oliver North have to do with gun rights? Because he illegally gave guns to another country, for no apparent reason? :)

S

scubabeme

imported post

1) Likely won't be in Denver proper, expecting Westminster.

2) Yeh, he's had "problems," but he's a motivational speaker now.

zach

imported post

I might be interested, but that's a long ways off. My work is such that I get last minute travel requests, still interested though.

I wouldn't mind meeting Col. North.

Pace

imported post

I'm moving to Westminster, what location are you looking at? Who is selling sponsorships etc?

S

scubabeme

imported post

They're hoping for the Promenade, just east of the Shane Co., which is "just off the Boulder Turnpike at 104th."

Technically, I think I can do the sponsorship thing, but as I don't do it enough to feel the least bit proficient, I recommend contacting Rich Wyatt at Gunsmoke. (www.GunsmokeGuns.com, which appears to be down at the moment, or 303-456-4545)

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pace wrote:
1) Can't OC in denver, so wont be going there.
2) What does Oliver North have to do with gun rights? Because he illegally gave guns to another country, for no apparent reason? :)

Ditto on the OC issue. Why in the world would the NRA ever hold it's banquet in the one area in the entire state of Colorado where open carry is prohibited?

Sheesh! You really need to rethink that one, Wayne!

S

scubabeme

imported post

IT'S NOT IN DENVER. Westminster, where the Promenade is, is in the Denver metro area but isn't Denver. This is the state banquet, not the Denver banquet.