Thread: Secret Service OC - Obama vs. Bush

Post imported post

Please do not make this a Bush vs. Obama thing, or attack against any political party.

When Bush was President, if you were protesting, you had to usually go to a "protest" area, and anyone with a gun was usually detained.

Why is it different under Obama that the US Secret Service is not detaining gun owners and allowing people with AR's be in the vicinity.

Again, looking for why things might have changed (political climate, opencarry being recognized?) not for a debate on Obama.

Post imported post

Heller happened, for starters, so the climate is definately changing, and this started prior to Obama taking office. It just happens to be picking up steam during his term, which his anti-gun stance might be affecting.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I don't know that anything is different. I don't think anyone is allowed in the "immediate" vicinity (as in visual shot range) of any President with a firearm. Those that have attended Town hall events and ralleys armed where Obama was present, were not inside the so-called sterile zones. They certainly didn't have any chance of taking a shot at the Pres, from their locations.

There was the guy that was detainedlast summer for OC at an event that Obama was to appear who wasn't in the "sterile" zone.

I didn't hear of Bush requiring everyone attending his events to remove their shoes, after that little incident in Iraq.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Never know anybody to get inside the security perimeter that was ignored/tolerated or let off easy.

So don't see any change up close and personal.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
    Its simple. People who protested Bush didnt own guns. People who protest Obama do.

People who protest Bush dont know the constitution. People who protest Obama do.

However, I am not aware of any law or policy changes.
    I think you might have nailed it there, bud.

Post imported post

Actually, it's because we can.

The Constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people;that... it is their right & duty to be at all times armed;...

Thomas Jefferson,letter to justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Nah, completely untrue, the extreme radical left movement, the anarchists for example believing in armed revolution, and are arrested armed all the time.

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Ca Patriot wrote:
    Its simple. People who protested Bush didnt own guns. People who protest Obama do.

People who protest Bush dont know the constitution. People who protest Obama do.

I think you might have nailed it there, bud.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
    Its simple.* People who protested Bush didnt own guns.* People who protest Obama do.*

People who protest Bush dont know the constitution.* People who protest Obama do.

I don't know, people that protested the Patriot Act, I think, knew something about the Constitution. Of course, both Presidents have supported this unlawful foolishness.

“If the president does it, that means it's not illegal..."
    ~Richard M. Nixon

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    Ca Patriot wrote:

I don't know, people that protested the Patriot Act, I think, knew something about the Constitution. Of course, both Presidents have supported this unlawful foolishness.

~Richard M. Nixon
    I have been flamed many a time on many a forum, for voicing my negative opinions regarding the Gestapo act, I mean the Patriot Act.......watching and waiting for the flaming to begin...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:

I've protested both of them, I own guns, and I've read a few things about the Constitution. Where do I fit in? :celebrate

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Never know anybody to get inside the security perimeter that was ignored/tolerated or let off easy.

Yata hey
    :quirky

Ask me about it the next time we meet up.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

All I can say is never berrate, undestimate, or deemphasize your opponents. Anti-gun activists know the U.S.Constitutionand they know it well. If you don't think an amendment to the constitution can not be amended, think again... It can be interpreted in a host of different ways, we must be vigilant in maintaining our rights as is written and make it Supremely known and clarified that the mean what they say.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Just thought of another angle concerning this topic.

We all know that the MSM is anti-gun as well as pro-Obama, right? I think that we are seeing more of this phenominon for two reasons.

First, the OC movement has taken off across the nation in the last few years. More people are doing it on a daily basis.

Second, the MSM is making a bigger deal out of it than it is. I have to wonder how many folks showed up at Bush events OC, but the MSM chose not to report it. Maybe they were hoping some one would shoot Bush. But now that their hero, "The Chosen One" is Pres, they have to create a scenario of threatening proportions against the Pres and the Democrats.

I've also noticed that most of the MSM hubbub is centered around people carrying arms at Democrat events. We carry at Republican events as well, but they don't seem to notice that.

I believe that it's more to do with perception..... and who'sspinningit.

Post imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
    Certainly that generalization doesn't apply to me, but I think you might be correct in terms of averages.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Just thought of another angle concerning this topic.

We all know that the MSM is anti-gun as well as pro-Obama, right? I think that we are seeing more of this phenominon for two reasons.

First, the OC movement has taken off across the nation in the last few years. More people are doing it on a daily basis.

Second, the MSM is making a bigger deal out of it than it is. I have to wonder how many folks showed up at Bush events OC, but the MSM chose not to report it. Maybe they were hoping some one would shoot Bush. But now that their hero, "The Chosen One" is Pres, they have to create a scenario of threatening proportions against the Pres and the Democrats.

I've also noticed that most of the MSM hubbub is centered around people carrying arms at Democrat events. We carry at Republican events as well, but they don't seem to notice that.

I believe that it's more to do with perception..... and who'sspinningit.
    the liberal drive by media. correct.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    All I can say is never berrate, undestimate, or deemphasize your opponents. Anti-gun activists know the U.S.Constitutionand they know it well. If you don't think an amendment to the constitution can not be amended, think again... It can be interpreted in a host of different ways, we must be vigilant in maintaining our rights as is written and make it Supremely known and clarified that the mean what they say.
    Amendments to the Constitution can be amended... the Bill of Rights, however, is unamendable. Am I naive to the point of believing the idiots we have in Washington, the press, and a host of other places also believe this to be fact? Nope, not for a minute. They seem to believe the Bill of Rights is subject to whatever changes they may want. Not true according to at least two of our Founders.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
    People who protest Bush dont know the constitution.
    LOL

You're not a Patriot, you're a Partisan Hack.

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    Ca Patriot wrote:
    Its simple.* People who protested Bush didnt own guns.* People who protest Obama do.*

People who protest Bush dont know the constitution.* People who protest Obama do.

~Richard M. Nixon
    Begone! Patriots love Bush, and they hate Obama, and the Patriot act is irrelevant!

Post imported post

PavePusher wrote:
    Ca Patriot wrote:

I've protested both of them, I own guns, and I've read a few things about the Constitution.* Where do I fit in? :celebrate
    You must have been stoned when you were reading the Constitution. People who understand it love Bush, remember?

(OK, I'll stop. I could laugh at this one all day.)

Post imported post

I hope you are being, sarcastic right? I'm going to agree with you today? Bush protecting the Constitution?

Warrant-less wiretaps, removing restrictions of searching public records? The patriot act?

Excuse me?

Post imported post

Eh, where'd you get this from? The Bill of Rights is the first 10 amendments to the Constitution. Any part of the Constitution, including the Bill of Rights can be amended through a very, very hard process that is set forth in the Constitution.I'm bewildered you'd say this, sorry. It's just so wrong, and untrue.

I'm confused, are you saying an AMENDMENT can not be.. umm... amended?

The Bill of Rights is JUST the First 10 Amendments to the Constitution, created two years after the original constitution and then ratified three years later.

The US Constitution is amazing, but still its a civil document written by men. Despite what some people think, God didn't write it. Which is why from 1919-1933 you couldn't legally drink in this Country. The last amendment was in 1992, which limited pay raises for congress.

SouthernBoy wrote:
    tekshogun wrote:
    Amendments to the Constitution can be amended... the Bill of Rights, however, is unamendable. Am I naive to the point of believing the idiots we have in Washington, the press, and a host of other places also believe this to be fact? Nope, not for a minute. They seem to believe the Bill of Rights is subject to whatever changes they may want. Not true according to at least two of our Founders.

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    I hope you are being, sarcastic right? I'm going to agree with you today? Bush protecting the Constitution?

Warrant-less wiretaps, removing restrictions of searching public records? The patriot act?

Excuse me?

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I was making fun of another poster's earlier comment.

Post imported post

Hahaha! Aha! Sarcasm, didn't you now you had it in you. Let me rephrase my last insult, Mr. Sarcastic-Anarchist