• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Secret Service OC - Obama vs. Bush

Pace

imported post

Please do not make this a Bush vs. Obama thing, or attack against any political party.

When Bush was President, if you were protesting, you had to usually go to a "protest" area, and anyone with a gun was usually detained.

Why is it different under Obama that the US Secret Service is not detaining gun owners and allowing people with AR's be in the vicinity.

Again, looking for why things might have changed (political climate, opencarry being recognized?) not for a debate on Obama.

NightOwl

imported post

Heller happened, for starters, so the climate is definately changing, and this started prior to Obama taking office. It just happens to be picking up steam during his term, which his anti-gun stance might be affecting.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't know that anything is different. I don't think anyone is allowed in the "immediate" vicinity (as in visual shot range) of any President with a firearm. Those that have attended Town hall events and ralleys armed where Obama was present, were not inside the so-called sterile zones. They certainly didn't have any chance of taking a shot at the Pres, from their locations.

There was the guy that was detainedlast summer for OC at an event that Obama was to appear who wasn't in the "sterile" zone.

I didn't hear of Bush requiring everyone attending his events to remove their shoes, after that little incident in Iraq. :uhoh:

Ca Patriot

imported post

Its simple. People who protested Bush didnt own guns. People who protest Obama do.

People who protest Bush dont know the constitution. People who protest Obama do.

However, I am not aware of any law or policy changes.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Never know anybody to get inside the security perimeter that was ignored/tolerated or let off easy.

So don't see any change up close and personal.

Yata hey

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
Its simple. People who protested Bush didnt own guns. People who protest Obama do.

People who protest Bush dont know the constitution. People who protest Obama do.

I think you might have nailed it there, bud. ;)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Actually, it's because we can.

The Constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people;that... it is their right & duty to be at all times armed;...

Thomas Jefferson,letter to justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824

Pace

imported post

Nah, completely untrue, the extreme radical left movement, the anarchists for example believing in armed revolution, and are arrested armed all the time.

Task Force 16 wrote:
Ca Patriot wrote:

I think you might have nailed it there, bud. ;)

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
Its simple.  People who protested Bush didnt own guns.  People who protest Obama do. 

People who protest Bush dont know the constitution.  People who protest Obama do.

I don't know, people that protested the Patriot Act, I think, knew something about the Constitution. Of course, both Presidents have supported this unlawful foolishness.

“If the president does it, that means it's not illegal..."
~Richard M. Nixon

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Ca Patriot wrote:

I don't know, people that protested the Patriot Act, I think, knew something about the Constitution. Of course, both Presidents have supported this unlawful foolishness.

~Richard M. Nixon
I have been flamed many a time on many a forum, for voicing my negative opinions regarding the Gestapo act, I mean the Patriot Act.......watching and waiting for the flaming to begin...:cool:

PavePusher

imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:

I've protested both of them, I own guns, and I've read a few things about the Constitution. Where do I fit in? :celebrate

Marco

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Never know anybody to get inside the security perimeter that was ignored/tolerated or let off easy.

Yata hey
:quirky

Ask me about it the next time we meet up.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

All I can say is never berrate, undestimate, or deemphasize your opponents. Anti-gun activists know the U.S.Constitutionand they know it well. If you don't think an amendment to the constitution can not be amended, think again... It can be interpreted in a host of different ways, we must be vigilant in maintaining our rights as is written and make it Supremely known and clarified that the mean what they say.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just thought of another angle concerning this topic.

We all know that the MSM is anti-gun as well as pro-Obama, right? I think that we are seeing more of this phenominon for two reasons.

First, the OC movement has taken off across the nation in the last few years. More people are doing it on a daily basis.

Second, the MSM is making a bigger deal out of it than it is. I have to wonder how many folks showed up at Bush events OC, but the MSM chose not to report it. Maybe they were hoping some one would shoot Bush. But now that their hero, "The Chosen One" is Pres, they have to create a scenario of threatening proportions against the Pres and the Democrats.

I've also noticed that most of the MSM hubbub is centered around people carrying arms at Democrat events. We carry at Republican events as well, but they don't seem to notice that.

I believe that it's more to do with perception..... and who'sspinningit.

Michigander

imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
Certainly that generalization doesn't apply to me, but I think you might be correct in terms of averages.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Just thought of another angle concerning this topic.

We all know that the MSM is anti-gun as well as pro-Obama, right? I think that we are seeing more of this phenominon for two reasons.

First, the OC movement has taken off across the nation in the last few years. More people are doing it on a daily basis.

Second, the MSM is making a bigger deal out of it than it is. I have to wonder how many folks showed up at Bush events OC, but the MSM chose not to report it. Maybe they were hoping some one would shoot Bush. But now that their hero, "The Chosen One" is Pres, they have to create a scenario of threatening proportions against the Pres and the Democrats.

I've also noticed that most of the MSM hubbub is centered around people carrying arms at Democrat events. We carry at Republican events as well, but they don't seem to notice that.

I believe that it's more to do with perception..... and who'sspinningit.
the liberal drive by media. correct.:)

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
All I can say is never berrate, undestimate, or deemphasize your opponents. Anti-gun activists know the U.S.Constitutionand they know it well. If you don't think an amendment to the constitution can not be amended, think again... It can be interpreted in a host of different ways, we must be vigilant in maintaining our rights as is written and make it Supremely known and clarified that the mean what they say.
Amendments to the Constitution can be amended... the Bill of Rights, however, is unamendable. Am I naive to the point of believing the idiots we have in Washington, the press, and a host of other places also believe this to be fact? Nope, not for a minute. They seem to believe the Bill of Rights is subject to whatever changes they may want. Not true according to at least two of our Founders.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Ca Patriot wrote:
Its simple.  People who protested Bush didnt own guns.  People who protest Obama do. 

People who protest Bush dont know the constitution.  People who protest Obama do.

~Richard M. Nixon
Begone! Patriots love Bush, and they hate Obama, and the Patriot act is irrelevant!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Ca Patriot wrote:

I've protested both of them, I own guns, and I've read a few things about the Constitution.  Where do I fit in? :celebrate
You must have been stoned when you were reading the Constitution. People who understand it love Bush, remember?

(OK, I'll stop. I could laugh at this one all day.)