• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment March Rally at State Capitol.

neuroblades

imported post

I picked up an invite to the Second Amendment March Rally on March 27th. Does anyone know anyhting more about this activity?

Is this Rally or a March? Is this OC or CC or are either one of these even allowed?

Just curious about this, never done a rally/march before.

neuroblades

imported post

WOW! This is either so secret no one knew about it or else it's so far off the curb of the OC/CC crowd that no one wants to touch it. *LOL*

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't know why anyone feels the need for a 2A March/rally in KY. That state has pretty favorable guns laws as far as I know. I mean, you have OC with no permit required and you can OC in places you can't CC.

I'm not sure that such a March/rally would be needed in DC either, at this time. Overall, gun owners have gained quite a bit of ground this year. Unless of course, it would be to protest any UN treaty that would endanger our 2A rights.

In a sense, we are holding a 2A March everyday that we leave our house with our sidearms OC'd on our hip.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
I don't know why anyone feels the need for a 2A March/rally in KY. That state has pretty favorable guns laws as far as I know. I mean, you have OC with no permit required and you can OC in places you can't CC.

I'm not sure that such a March/rally would be needed in DC either, at this time. Overall, gun owners have gained quite a bit of ground this year. Unless of course, it would be to protest any UN treaty that would endanger our 2A rights.

In a sense, we are holding a 2A March everyday that we leave our house with our sidearms OC'd on our hip.
+ 1......:celebrate

neuroblades

imported post

OK, I was just wondering about how others out there were seeing this. I kind of had the same thoughts as well but thought that maybe there was something I was missing or that I had overlooked somewhere. *LOL*

langzaiguy

imported post

I'd like to clarify in saying it is legal to carry on college campuses. The institution is, however, allowed to ban weapons on "their" property. It is not a criminal offense.

Unfettered Might

imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
I'd like to clarify in saying it is legal to carry on college campuses. The institution is, however, allowed to ban weapons on "their" property. It is not a criminal offense.
Very true.

It doesn't become a criminal offense until you refuse to leave if asked to do so, just like any other personal property.

Brent Hartman

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

Here's one reason why, HB 87 (The Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act), which would:

"Create new sections of KRS Chapter 237, relating to firearms, firearm accessories and ammunition that are made in Kentucky, marked made in Kentucky, and used in Kentucky, to specify that these items are exempt from federal law..."

This is important legislation that would go a long way in assuring that Kentuckians would maintain their right to purchase firearms and ammunition. This legislation is being held up in Frankfort by just a few members of the House. We need to flex our muscles, and remind our Representatives who they work for.

givemeliberty

imported post

The 2nd Amendment March in KY is more of an armed rally/teaparty. Its been heavily advertised on patriotic websites, gun shows, radio shows, and word of mouth. I think we might get2000+ armed people there. I know Rand Paul will be one of the speakers there. This is one OC event you won't want to miss!

PS. Liberty For Ever will be speaking about the firearms freedom act with his 50 BMG in hand. Pistols and rifles welcome, I'm bringing my M14.

Coordinator Name:Rex Bartley
Email:Rex.Bartley@SecondAmendmentMarch.com

It's official!
The date of the Kentucky Second Amendment March is March 27, 2010 from 1-4 PM at the State Capital Building Grounds.

We want to make this the largest gathering of gun owners and gun rights supporters this state has ever seen. We will have pro gun candidates running for state and national office speaking to us. There will also a push to pass the Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act if it has not been passed by the date of our march. Come and enjoy the company of fellow gun owners and learn what you can do to protect and promote the 2nd amendment. Hope to see you there.

Rex Bartley

Kentucky State Coordinator

Second Amendment March

klloyd

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
imported post

Well, turn out is not as good as I would have hoped, but to be honest, no one knew.... I happened up on it by chance - not including the post here. My neighbor knew nothing of it until I told him. Next time if more people know, more will come.

As for turn out, fox reported 300 people, I left about 2:30, and there were people still coming and I personally counted about 450 before I left. So, I think 475 to 500 is a good estimate. I went way early as they had stated expecting 2000. NO way if 2000 people dont know about it! I bet you cant find 2000 people that knew and couldnt come. I think most of the people there came from Tenn. and Ohio. That alone made me sad. Yet it was cool, the people I talked to were great! It was great being among like minded folks!

Brent Hartman

imported post

gutshot wrote:
Later, a speaker from the militia contingent spoke, not bad, but a little over the top. "All traitorous law makers arrested, the worst hanged, the rest imprisoned". He spoke flanked with armed security, arms at the "ready". Some people think these people are crazy and dangerous. They may be, but my thing is to let everybody alone to do their own thing, as I insist be done with me, as long as they don't hurt anyone. Neither talk nor ideas hurt anyone.
The crowd could have been bigger, but the ones that were there were great. Those that didn't show missed a great event, on a beautiful day in KY, with wonderful, freedom loving Americans.
If you want to see and be amongst more of the same be at Knob Creek Gun Range on April 9, 10, and 11 for the largest, open to the public, machine gun shoot in the world.
In light of the recent raids against militia members in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, last night and this morning, maybe the armed security for the militia leader wasn't so unreasonable.

It sure was good to see so many armed patriots in one place. My daughter was selling some buttons to the rally goers there, and my wife saw her carrying a wad of cash out in the open. My wife told her that she shouldn't wave money around like that, then I reminded my wife where we were, and that I'd pity the fool that mugged a little girl at that rally. :lol: The grounds at the state capitol were the safest place in Kentucky yesterday afternoon.

Hopefully, we can get some more numbers out there for future rallies. This is no time to be apathetic about our rights. We must stand up and make our voices be heard.