• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry t-shirts for OC event

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Check these out. I found a website to design shirts and what not. I think it would be great to have a OC event and give these to members and give out flyers and gun rights cards for nevada.

flagellum

imported post

What website is this?

We could always design our own too. Like CafePress of Zazzle, if you have ever heard of those.

Edit: Wait did you design these ones? If so can we submit out own designs? :)

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Can't remember exact website but the designs are pre-made. I came up with the I OC in NV part which I want on my t-shirt. I'm going to check out those other websites you mentioned, but the website I was on put logo's on all kinds of stuff and yes you could design your own!

The color t-shirt can be whatever you want. I just chose these colors by default.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

We haven't forgotten about the shirts. Awaiting for someone to get prices for shirts and flyers.

GoDSpeeD

45 ACP rocks

imported post

Nice, looks like a winner. I wonder, though, if the colors can be reversed to red-white-blue. Otherwise, looks a bit Frenchified to me....oh, wait -- that would be all white, wouldn't it?

Also, has anybody come across a really nice pamphlet we can adapt/adopt? Sure would be nice to have some professional-looking handouts.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What kind of info would you have on the pamphlet? Would this be brochure size or business card size? Designed for handing out to others interested in OC? To cops? To anti-gun businesses?

doninvegas

imported post

timf343 wrote:
What kind of info would you have on the pamphlet? Would this be brochure size or business card size? Designed for handing out to others interested in OC? To cops? To anti-gun businesses?
I once was involved in a Helmet protest...We made up pamphlets made up of a single piece of 8 1/5 x11 folded in half...giving 4 sides to add the info to...

picture on the front with a small statement and info inside and on the back....easy to handle and pass out...

We did repeal the Helmet law in Ohio, Florida and Michigan...:lol:

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Personally I would like to see business cards with info on front and what to say to cops on back.
I would still like flyers with info for OC on them and not really for cops.

GoDSpeeD

doninvegas

imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:
Personally I would like to see business cards with info on front and what to say to cops on back.
I would still like flyers with info for OC on them and not really for cops.

GoDSpeeD
I think both.....

I carry a card now that i would give to a cop....they hate it when i give it to them, but never have pressed the issue...

"My name is: Don Spencer
I am a law abiding American Citizen.

I DO NOT consent to any search of my person or property.
If I am being detained for any reason, I stand on the 5[sup]th[/sup] Amendment.
I Request my attorney be present before answering any questions."

45 ACP rocks

imported post

timf343 wrote:
I'd like to have a professional glossy multicolor 3x8 foldout pamphlet, primarily aimed toward those interested in OC. It'd be specific to Nevada in order to clearly address legal issues.

It would likely also be useful to give to LEO's if/when they ask us wtf are we trying to accomplish, and to anti-gun businesses to hopefully get them to rethink their biases.

If we come up with a good product, I'll fund the artwork and setup at a printers. Once that's done, everyone can order the quantity they want at a hopefully-reasonable cost.

I'd not advise going forward with this unless there is enough interest to expect a printing run of at least several hundred pamphlets. It's thus up to all of us to justify the project by making some tentative commitments to pre-orders, even without advance idea of the price per pamphlet.

If you guys think it's a go, I'll volunteer to be the coordinator unless someone else has prior experience and wants the task. We've got some very talented wordsmiths on this forum, with great OC knowledge and experience, who could do bang-up jobs on something like this!

I envision something like collecting suggested wordings, graphics and pictures, and ideas, using a specific thread on the website. A draft would be posted and massaged until satisfactory.

tyguy808

imported post

Vegas Rick wrote:
Also, has anybody come across a really nice pamphlet we can adapt/adopt? Sure would be nice to have some professional-looking handouts.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/32333.html

This is ours for WA. Check it out and adapt as needed. We have them in several gun shops and available in bulk to WA OCDO members. They are a pretty popular item when dealing with "fence-sitters" or those that are just mis/under informed.