• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maybe the dumbest question ever

themasterofmachines

imported post

Im curious, what do forum members do with thier weapons while "dropping a deuce"in a public restroom? Wheather CC or OC Im curious as to what the proper restoom ettiquitte is. I really dont want my gun on the floor, but holding in my left hand, or keeping it on my lapthe whole time isn't very appealing either.

Im not trying to be vulgar, or disgusting and I know that this could be viewed as an innapropriate topic, but Iwould honestly like to know how other forum members handle this situation.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

The question has been asked quite a number of times, usually after a cop drops his piece or forgets to flush it. Unfortunately the vast number of euphemisms for "dropping a deuce" obviate an effective search for these questioning threads.

I CCW'd for about ten years in SC. About half of those years I carried Mexican Chihuahua style, after my IWB holster failed.

I dropped my H&K USPc .40 into the crotch of my skivvies. That way it was still accessible but discretely hidden and not likely forgotten.

M

McX

imported post

while 'parked', condition 3, barrel down into left pant leg, discreet but available.

B

Bikenut

imported post

One of the benefits of temporarily setting your pistol in your skivvies (or pants for those "commando" types) while feeding the porcelain disposal fixture is..........

there is zero chance of forgetting to reholster your pistol when you leave.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You could just have zippers installed into the backside of your pants and under-britches...never have to worry about loosening your belt then.
You could ware a kilt as another option. :p

themasterofmachines

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
the crotch of my skivvies. That way it was still accessible but discretely hidden and not likely forgotten.

I dont know about you, but I have seen times in mid summer when that option wouldseem almost as unsanitary asplacing my weapon on the floor. :uhoh:

I am in no way disagreeing with you though, seems to me to be the best option so far. Other than wearing your gun belt independant of your pants, and just wearing it while you "make". :)

themasterofmachines

imported post

themasterofmachines wrote:
Toad wrote:
Now there is an option worth considering. :D
I have not yet worn a kilt while armed. I can imagine rest stops while OC would be simplified. The obvious CC is in the sporran that will definitely get in the way while snitting.
:lol:something else I had not considered. I assume by "snitting" you mean upright "relief"?

Carnivore

imported post

I've got it made!! I'm a southpaw shooter, and right handed utility.. You wannaTalk about ambidextrous? I got it goin on . But yeah pant leg is where it's at. I see now ,, not all dirty guns are stolen guns.:lol:

DEFENSOR

imported post

Years ago while residing in the great state of Alabama I CC'd. while on the HOT seat I tended to tuck my heater into the inside of my boot. That was secure and handy should someone attempt to disturb the "PIECE" :lol:

Defensor out

themasterofmachines

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Huck wrote:
Toad wrote:
Not forme! Anytime a cold breeze blew up it folks would be calling me "junior!" :shock:
And then there are those of us who have to wear the X-long version...:celebrate

Isn't that called a skirt? :what:

J/K... he he he.

rodbender

imported post

Toad wrote:
Now there is an option worth considering. :D
I have not yet worn a kilt while armed. I can imagine rest stops while OC would be simplified. The obvious CC is in the sporran that will definitely get in the way while snitting.
:lol:something else I had not considered. I assume by "snitting" you mean upright "relief"?
Imagine the n with a taller upright as in h.