• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best way to carry

sevenplusone

imported post

How to carry your firearm is a very personal thing. You have to try it with your rig and see what you like.My EDC has four different holsters you may find it in on different times and days.

After you pick something out, do lots of dry-fire practice to sharpen your skills. The best rig in the world is next to useless if you don't know how to use it.

Bronson

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Openly.

Its my strong side, My hand is right there all the time to either draw, or retain. Its never concealed, (I hate that), Ill probably move it back up to my hip for summer. My elbow doesnt move back to draw, so I am better protected from behind. The only drawbacks are that it attracts more attension, its a two edged sword really, and that I have to be a little more careful when Im around a nice car so I dont scratch it. Im also careful not to whack some little kid with it in the head as I walk past them in a crowd.:lol:It does make it easier to sit down without it poking into a chair, and its much easier to draw from a sitting position. Its funny to wasch peoples expressions when they notice the gun on my lap.

See now that set-up would bug the hell out of me. It's cool that it works for you but it sure looks like the gun is flopping around a bit too much for my taste.

To each his own (but my way is always better :p)

Bronson

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

It took a little getting used to. I had a two fold problem. 1, I had to carry openly because I got suspended for something I diddnt do. 2, I feel the reason I got screwed with was because I was OC and thwe cop diddnt like OC. Therefore I wanted to make the gun MORE visible, thus amplifyingthe OC part.:pI have succeeded in that.

Before the ticket, I had considered CC for the winter months. Now, I havere evaluated my whole position on CC, andrefuse to CC. Now, I take a strong stance against it, and not onlydo I practice and promote OC, I try to discourage CC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uADb3NyYlSA

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
To be perfectly honest my Shoulder rig is the most comfortable.
Mine too.

Older galco single side with wide strap over shoulder.

Most comfortable. And most concealable.

G

imported post

T Vance wrote:
The first holster I bought. It would have been nice if it wasn't so "flimsy". It moved around alot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PISTOL-SHOULDER-HOLSTER-FOR-GLOCK-G-37-17-19-31-20-21_W0QQitemZ130370401553QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5aae7511

I ended up selling at a garage sale.
That does seem like a lot of bulk.

The shoulder strap design looks good for extended carry, if it wasn't so bulky.

Looks like it wouldn't conceal well under a light shirt.