• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in the Adirondacks

homerfire232

imported post

Just wondering, I camp every year in the Adirondacks and was wondering about the laws regarding that. If anyone has any info regarding this, please post.

redlegagent

imported post

Laws regarding what exactly?? If you mean handgun laws, there is only one reference - NYS Penal Law 400.00. In or out of the Adirondaks is irrelevent, it's still NYS. ;)

homerfire232

imported post

I am allowed to carry (according to NY state law) anywhere in the state except NYC, Federal buildings like post offices, schools, and state colleges. I was just wondering about state parks as in the adirondacks if they have some rule saying no handguns allowed.

redlegagent

imported post

The Adirondaks is a "forever wild" area. It is not a "park" per se and is not managed by the parks service. There are , however, recreation sites that exist within the "park boundries" that may fall into the category of state park. Remember that - permit or not - private businesses/areas have a right to post their own restrictions so you have to play it by ear. ;)