• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Gander Mountain

Neo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've been meaning to post about this for a while, but just thought to take a photo of the sign at their Huntsville location this past weekend. Notice that it says,

This does not apply to our customers that are legally carrying a firearm openly or concealed on their person as State Law permits.

+10 for Gander Mountain! I believe that this signage stemmed from a few years ago when Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shops, etc. were deciding how to respond to OC. Need I say, "Let's support this business"?

P.S. Just found their official statement on this at http://www.gandermountain.com/customer_service/concealcarrypolicy.shtml .

800867364_dn7cc-L.jpg

Neo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you would like to thank them by phone or regular mail:

Gander Mountain
111 Red Banks Rd
Greenville, NC 27858
Phone: 888-5GANDER
Phone2: 252-355-7600

They also have an online email form at http://www.gandermountain.com/contact.shtml .

And it gets better!

FREE Meeting Room - Our Lodge is available to plan your group's hunting or fishing trip, or conduct your outdoor club/Scout meetings. Call or stop in for availability.

The Huntsville location has a meeting room that can be used for free for "outdoor clubs". I wonder if a group of OC-ers could meet there.

REB

imported post

I have seen this sign and I applaud them for respecting our rights. However I would tend to believe that this is a generic sign used across the country and not necessarily acknowledging Alabama as an open carry state.

dixieborn

imported post

Anyone know if Bass Pro Shops takes the same tack on this? I don't seem to remember their sign having that nice clause excusing me as a citizen legally carrying.