• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry Member Bumper-Sticker/Decals have been ordered

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Material will be Gildan 6.1 oz "ultra cotton" heavyweight t-shirts 100% pre-shrunk cotton.
I have bought "pre shrunk" in the past....they always shrink more.... I guess I won't be ordering any.:? I know buy the least expensive shirts you can, as to make bigger profits.

50/50 is the only way to go & the only way I will buy them.... 100% cotton is too cheap. a lot of others that buy them are going to be unhappy after the first few washes.

We went out of our way to accommodate the request that we heard over and over from people that they wanted a thick t-shirt "even if it cost more"

Your comment in this thread is the first request I've heard of a 50-50 poly blend.

"profit" as you suggest was never a motive. As I mentioned in the earlier thread, the 50-50 blend is less expensive t-shirt.

If a majority of people want the thinner cheaper 50-50 blend shirts, we will be happy to accommodate the request.

In the interest of our own sanity however, we will not be able to satisfy every individual request for a different type, color, size, blend, etc. For that, we offer our humble apologies.
Can't these shirts be order in either grade? It really doesn't matter to me but I mean that way you may sell more. Anything the organization makes over the cost of the shirts all goes into the legal fund right? So sell as many as possible!
Just my .02
I guess this suggestion isn't an option. Or maybe I am on invisible mode.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Member decals have arrived. They will be mailed starting next week to all members.
I was hoping they would be INSIDE window stickers. These look like outside window stickers.:(

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Member decals have arrived. They will be mailed starting next week to all members.
I was hoping they would be INSIDE window stickers. These look like outside window stickers.:(

They are outside window stickers. In our infancy, we are trying to control costs and while I'm not sure if inside stickers are more expensive (I suspect they are) having multiple different options would raise our cost. Since many of us drive vehicles with tinted back windows, we thought that if we had to choose 1 option, the outside sticker would be best because with tinted back windows on trucks and SUV's its hard to see the sticker through the tint.

If there is demand, we can certainly consider inside stickers for next years member-decal or possibly even do another run later this year.

In the meantime, stickers were mailed yesterday to about half of our member roster. Many of you should start receiving those stickers today. The other half will be mailed later this week.

Please post up when you receive your decals, or better yet, post a picture of your decal on your ride.

Carry on,

Nik Clark
Chairman - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

hunterjim wrote:
Got mine today, they look great. Will be putting one on my f250 and jeep or maybe front door of the house.

The front door of your house is a great place to put one.

Just think what would run through the mind of a criminal if they came to your front door to ring and see if you were home with the thought of burglarizing your house and they see a "Wisconsin Carry, Inc." sticker and the door.

I imagine they'd pick a different house.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Kind'a like a No Trespassing sign?

No Doug

Big orange trespassing signs are more of a procedural operation to denote private property for law-abiding citizens who respect other people's rights AND so that when criminals DO violate private property, they can't say "I didn't know"

A small "Wisconsin Carry, Inc." decal I think sends more of a subtle "break through these doors and you risk a small-midsize caliber bullet in your chest" type message specifically to criminals who don't care about other people's rights but DO still care about their own well being.

I think common sense would dictate and news reports tend to document that criminals prey on the weak and the defenseless. Often the reason why seniors find themselves victims of random crimes and home-break-ins.

If it was your assumption that a WCI sticker would prevent every break-in, I wasn't suggesting that.

If it is your assertion that a criminal would see that the owner of a particular residence is very likely to be carrying a firearm and think that is a GOOD potential house to break in... Well, I don't think that makes sense. (though I understand it doesn't seem to be in your nature to offer up the positive virtues of anything that you aren't the source of)

Doug... I will once again suggest that perhaps at some point, in addition to your incessant negativity and attempt to play "devils advocate" with every positive thing posted on this forum, you could use what appears to be your self-diagnosed "intellectual superiority" to share with people the virtues and positive possible outcomes of things in addition to all the negative "pissing on people's parade"

I'm not saying don't play devils advocate... I guess I'm saying in my opinion, I think its a dis-service to ONLY play devils advocate.

Lastly... If you have a problem with Wisconsin Carry, with our efforts, with our results, with our mission... why don't you man-up and come out and say it rather than just meander around the forum and snipe away at everything we do?

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

No Doug

Big orange trespassing signs are more of a procedural operation to denote private property for law-abiding citizens who respect other people's rights AND so that when criminals DO violate private property, they can't say "I didn't know"

A small "Wisconsin Carry, Inc." decal I think sends more of a subtle "break through these doors and you risk a small-midsize caliber bullet in your chest" type message specifically to criminals who don't care about other people's rights but DO still care about their own well being.

I think common sense would dictate and news reports tend to document that criminals prey on the weak and the defenseless. Often the reason why seniors find themselves victims of random crimes and home-break-ins.

If it was your assumption that a WCI sticker would prevent every break-in, I wasn't suggesting that.

If it is your assertion that a criminal would see that the owner of a particular residence is very likely to be carrying a firearm and think that is a GOOD potential house to break in... Well, I don't think that makes sense. (though I understand it doesn't seem to be in your nature to offer up the positive virtues of anything that you aren't the source of)

Doug... I will once again suggest that perhaps at some point, in addition to your incessant negativity and attempt to play "devils advocate" with every positive thing posted on this forum, you could use what appears to be your self-diagnosed "intellectual superiority" to share with people the virtues and positive possible outcomes of things in addition to all the negative "pissing on people's parade"

I'm not saying don't play devils advocate... I guess I'm saying in my opinion, I think its a dis-service to ONLY play devils advocate.

Lastly... If you have a problem with Wisconsin Carry, with our efforts, with our results, with our mission... why don't you man-up and come out and say it rather than just meander around the forum and snipe away at everything we do?
Can I get a hell yeah!!?

hunter9mm

imported post

smiley-happy096.gif

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:

No Doug

Can I get a hell yeah!!?
HELL YEAH!!!

Big Red fonts in Hardballer spirit.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

hunterjim wrote:
Got mine today, they look great. Will be putting one on my f250 and jeep or maybe front door of the house.

The front door of your house is a great place to put one.

Just think what would run through the mind of a criminal if they came to your front door to ring and see if you were home with the thought of burglarizing your house and they see a "Wisconsin Carry, Inc." sticker and the door.

I imagine they'd pick a different house.

I put one in the front door window and my dad(I am 40 yr old, Thank You) said, "Now, you are advertising that we have guns to steal." I responded, "Nope, an NRA sticker might suggest that, but this one says the resident has one on his hip, loaded and ready to fire and we have too many vehicles with current tags that who would know that noone is home."

FYI. I have set up a pistol range in my front yard. Neighbors drive by while I am practicing.

professor gun

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:

No Doug

Can I get a hell yeah!!?
Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

McX

imported post

you know what would be a slick idea; yard type signs like the magnetic signs, something that could go in say, a shop window, or a front yard. just suggesting.:cool: