Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port Huron St. Patrick's Day Parade

Post imported post

Is there any interest in getting a group together in Port Huron for this. This area has had little to no OC activities and will go along way in spreading knowledge of OC. Also the outlying areas are very pro 2A and we could benefit by gaining more members.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Agreed 100% sprinklerguy, there needs to be more activity in St. Clair County.

Unfortunately, March is going to be very hectic for me so I wouldn't be able to make the date. I do hope you can make it happen though!
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

March 13, 2010

meeting at

11:00am

THS Sporting Center
    1504 Military Street
    Port Huron, MI 48060
    http://www.thehockshop.net/
    please park in back to keep prime parking available for business.

Walk to downtown to observe parade. Parade begins at noon.

Lunch afterwards at

Ted's Coney Island
    618 24th Street
    Port Huron, MI 48060

They serve alcohol, but have agreed to grant permission to anyone with us who does not have a CPL

THS Sporting Center has been contacted and is very supportive of OC. Let's make sure we have a huge turn out as St. Clair County has been left in the dark about OC.

Post imported post

I work 3 out of 4 Saturday's so they are always tough for me. Unfortunately, I have to work that one.

Post imported post

I'd like to attend this one since I grew up in Port Huron but I'm out of vacation time until April so I can't be there.

Have fun and spread the word.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Ė Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Drove to Pt. Huron today. The guys at THS Sporting Goods were excellent. They have MOC brochures now and are looking forward to us coming. They are also working on having a new sign made to welcome all legal carry of firearms.

Also spoke with Paul at Ted's Coney Island and had lunch there. They are more than welcome and several patrons at the restaurant over heard our conversation and plan on being there to support us.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Great Job!!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work sprinklerguy!

Post imported post

Local radio station to advertise our gathering for a week before the parade. :celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

bump

Post imported post

I will try and make it to the event. If the weather is nice maybe I'll ride my motorcycle
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

Event has been mentioned on the radio, and all media has been informed. Let's get a big turnout together and keep the positive press going about OC.

Post imported post

Bump

Post imported post

If you think you are coming please post so we can get an accurate idea of how many people are coming.

I'll be there +3 maybe +4

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

I'm gonna try to make it.

Post imported post

This is today!!!! It is a huge event for St. Clair County. Newspapers as far as Battle Creek cover the parade. I hope to see a good group out today. Rain or shine I'll be there.

Post imported post

wish it wasn't so cold and rainy
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

So how did it go??

Post imported post

It was cold and rainy. Two others wanting info showed up to support us. THS was excited for us to be coming, yet I was the only one from MOC. Very disappointed to work hard getting local business excited about us being there and nobody coming out to support them. The gun store even agreed to change their signs to welcome those who OC. My son and I stood out under an umbrella to watch the parade. The Mrs. and daughter watched from the van when we were allowed to park right along the parade route. She did buy her first pistol. A raspberry colored Ruger LCP at a great deal from THS Sporting Goods. :celebrate

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Don't let the turnout disappoint you, I'm sure it was due to weather. I can usually make events in this area pretty easily, so don't hesitate in the future.

I know you are looking at getting a July 4th parade, if that doesn't fall on the actual 4th, St. Clair usually has a half way decent fireworks show on the 4th. The twon is usually pretty busy all day as well so we could get some good exposure. The worlds longest freshwaterboardwalk (at least it was 15 years ago?!?!) is also a public park.
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    Don't let the turnout disappoint you, I'm sure it was due to weather. I can usually make events in this area pretty easily, so don't hesitate in the future.

I know you are looking at getting a July 4th parade, if that doesn't fall on the actual 4th, St. Clair usually has a half way decent fireworks show on the 4th. The twon is usually pretty busy all day as well so we could get some good exposure. The worlds longest freshwater¬*boardwalk (at least it was 15 years ago?!?!) is also a public park.
    I agree with Jeff. Even though it happened to be on a bad day and I couldn't make it. Normally I would have been able to make it myself. It would have been a vary hard sell to get my family to stand out in the cold rain for many hours on a saturday.

Post imported post

Yeah the weather was a bummer... I am sure we would have had similar results in Kzoo had we been at the parade instead of the IHOP.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:

I know you are looking at getting a July 4th parade, if that doesn't fall on the actual 4th, St. Clair usually has a half way decent fireworks show on the 4th. The twon is usually pretty busy all day as well so we could get some good exposure. The worlds longest freshwater¬*boardwalk (at least it was 15 years ago?!?!) is also a public park.
    So 2A rights only apply in ideal weather conditions when its easy to do. It wasn't raining inside the gun store or in the restaurant. Both businesses changed their beliefs to support us. We have had good press and nobody shows up. I am disappointed. What are we just a dinner group?

Post imported post

Well I do know that not every event is going to be a home run even though we would like them to be. To think otherwise you will be continually disappointed. These parades for me specifically were on horrible days which I had preexisting plans that I could not change. I know I wasn't the only one who would have gone but for scheduling conflicts. It's always more up in the air when events are planned posted on a open forum and mainly word of mouth. Also if you look at the thread nobody posted they were for sure going. I'd say that it's a good sign that turnout was going to be extremely limited to none.

Post imported post

Yep this was like last year when I did the first OC seminar. I had 7 show up and 4 of those were folks that currently OC. however I don't count it as a failure BC it proved that seminars work. The people that did show up really liked it and it gave me a chance to see that if better advertised it could really work.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast