• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Port Huron St. Patrick's Day Parade

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Is there any interest in getting a group together in Port Huron for this. This area has had little to no OC activities and will go along way in spreading knowledge of OC. Also the outlying areas are very pro 2A and we could benefit by gaining more members.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

March 13, 2010

meeting at

11:00am

THS Sporting Center
1504 Military Street
Port Huron, MI 48060
http://www.thehockshop.net/
please park in back to keep prime parking available for business.

Walk to downtown to observe parade. Parade begins at noon.

Lunch afterwards at

Ted's Coney Island
618 24th Street
Port Huron, MI 48060

They serve alcohol, but have agreed to grant permission to anyone with us who does not have a CPL

THS Sporting Center has been contacted and is very supportive of OC. Let's make sure we have a huge turn out as St. Clair County has been left in the dark about OC.

Bronson

imported post

I'd like to attend this one since I grew up in Port Huron but I'm out of vacation time until April so I can't be there.

Have fun and spread the word.

Bronson

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Drove to Pt. Huron today. The guys at THS Sporting Goods were excellent. They have MOC brochures now and are looking forward to us coming. They are also working on having a new sign made to welcome all legal carry of firearms.

Also spoke with Paul at Ted's Coney Island and had lunch there. They are more than welcome and several patrons at the restaurant over heard our conversation and plan on being there to support us.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Local radio station to advertise our gathering for a week before the parade. :celebrate:celebrate

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Event has been mentioned on the radio, and all media has been informed. Let's get a big turnout together and keep the positive press going about OC.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

If you think you are coming please post so we can get an accurate idea of how many people are coming.

I'll be there +3 maybe +4

sprinklerguy28

imported post

This is today!!!! It is a huge event for St. Clair County. Newspapers as far as Battle Creek cover the parade. I hope to see a good group out today. Rain or shine I'll be there.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

It was cold and rainy. Two others wanting info showed up to support us. THS was excited for us to be coming, yet I was the only one from MOC. Very disappointed to work hard getting local business excited about us being there and nobody coming out to support them. The gun store even agreed to change their signs to welcome those who OC. My son and I stood out under an umbrella to watch the parade. The Mrs. and daughter watched from the van when we were allowed to park right along the parade route. She did buy her first pistol. A raspberry colored Ruger LCP at a great deal from THS Sporting Goods. :celebrate

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Don't let the turnout disappoint you, I'm sure it was due to weather. I can usually make events in this area pretty easily, so don't hesitate in the future.

I know you are looking at getting a July 4th parade, if that doesn't fall on the actual 4th, St. Clair usually has a half way decent fireworks show on the 4th. The twon is usually pretty busy all day as well so we could get some good exposure. The worlds longest freshwaterboardwalk (at least it was 15 years ago?!?!) is also a public park.