• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB334 Passes the House

hometheaterman

imported post

Anyone have the list of who voted yes and no? It's not listed on the VA general assemble website yet.

brokerbh

imported post

here's the voting breakdown

YEAS--Abbitt, Albo, Alexander, Anderson, Armstrong, Athey, Bell, Richard P., Bell, Robert B., Bulova, Byron, Carrico, Cleaveland, Cline, Cole, Comstock, Cosgrove, Cox, J.A., Cox, M.K., Crockett-Stark, Dance, Edmunds, Garrett, Gear, Gilbert, Greason, Griffith, Howell, A.T., Hugo, Iaquinto, Ingram, Janis, Joannou, Johnson, Jones, Keam, Kilgore, Knight, Landes, Lewis, Lingamfelter, Lohr, Loupassi, Marshall, D.W., Marshall, R.G., Massie, Merricks, Miller, J.H., Morefield, Morgan, Nixon, Nutter, O'Bannon, Oder, Orrock, Peace, Phillips, Pogge, Poindexter, Pollard, Purkey, Putney, Scott, E.T., Sherwood, Shuler, Sickles, Stolle, Tata, Villanueva, Ware, O., Ware, R.L., Wright, Mr. Speaker--72.

NAYS--Abbott, BaCote, Barlow, Brink, Carr, Ebbin, Englin, Herring, Hope, James, Kory, LeMunyon, May, McClellan, McQuinn, Miller, P.J., Morrissey, Plum, Rust, Scott, J.M., Spruill, Surovell, Torian, Toscano, Tyler, Ward, Watts--27.

ABSTENTIONS--0.

NOT VOTING--0.

hometheaterman

imported post

I can't believe some republicans actually voted against it. Any suggestions for an email to send them to let them know we are disappointed they don't believe in their second amendment rights?

wylde007

imported post

Perhaps mail them each a spent casing (not from one of your own guns) and let them know that their "nay" is worth about as much to the law-abiding citizens of the Commonwealth.

Point of note: HB505/505H1 has been referred to the Senate Special Committee.

Don't they have to coincide and then be presented?

hometheaterman

imported post

Anyone know how many states currently allow this? I was thinking it was 39 but wasn't sure. I want to make sure I'm right before I tell anyone a number.

hometheaterman

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Perhaps mail them each a spent casing (not from one of your own guns) and let them know that their "nay" is worth about as much to the law-abiding citizens of the Commonwealth.

Point of note: HB505/505H1 has been referred to the Senate Special Committee.

Don't they have to coincide and then be presented?
So does that really even matter since SB334 passed both the house and senate? Can't they just let the HB505 die? Or is SB334 in jeopardy here?

OakRidgeStars

imported post

hometheaterman wrote:
Anyone know how many states currently allow this? I was thinking it was 39 but wasn't sure. I want to make sure I'm right before I tell anyone a number.
I counted 41 states that allow some kind of concealed carry into restaurants, but I noticed that the NRA is only listing 40 :?

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

OakRidgeStars wrote:
hometheaterman wrote:
I counted 41 states that allow some kind of concealed carry into restaurants, but I noticed that the NRA is only listing 40 :?
HB 505 will have no affect on SB 334. If it passes, fine, if not, fine.

nova

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
I think I'll think of something else...even with a letter explaining the purpose of the brass case, all they (and the media) will see is OMG GUN THREAT!!!!

hometheaterman

imported post

Yea that doesn't sound like such a good idea to me. I can't decide if I want to write them a letter letting them know that I wasn't happy to hear they didn't support 2nd amendment rights or if I just want to leave it alone.

rebfan

imported post

VCDL President wrote:
rebfan wrote:
About time.
Tell me about it.
The bill also does not include the silly requirement to inform the restaurant manager we are cc'ing either which, IIRC, was in a similar bill last year.

nova

imported post

rebfan wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
rebfan wrote:
About time.
Tell me about it.
The bill also does not include the silly requirement to inform the restaurant manager we are cc'ing either which, IIRC, was in a similar bill last year.
or to wear an identifying pin or sticker like the Nazis made the Jews wear.