• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB334 Passes the House

ChinChin

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Just heard on the news, "The guy next to you at the bar could be packing heat."

NEWSFLASH- There are no BARS in VIRGINIA:banghead:
OH NOES! Don't change "may issue" to "shall issue" or there will be blood in the streets!

OH NOES! Don't let the AWB expire or there will be blood in the streets!

OH NOES! Don't let Heller win or there will be blood in the streets!

OH NOES! Don't let people carry concealed in restaurants that serve booze or there will be blood in the streets!

Did all the blood get off on the 3rd floor, cause I'm just not seeing the streets run with anything but snow melt-off.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
SNIP NEWSFLASH- There are no BARS in VIRGINIA:banghead:
There may not be any bars in the saloon sense. But, there are plenty of bars in restaurants and hotels in Virginia.

apollosmom

imported post

How many of you launched an email to your Senator to support SB 334 and received a response like mine...as you can surmise, my elected Senator voted for oppression vice freedom...

"SB 334, sponsored by Sen. Hanger, allows a person with a concealed handgun permit to carry a concealed handgun onto the premises of a restaurant or club and prohibits such person from consuming alcoholic beverages while on the premises. SB 334 passed in the Senate with a vote of 22-Y 18-N.

As your representative in the Virginia State Senate, I recognize the importance of your concerns. I share your support for our Second Amendment rights and, as an avid hunter, outdoorsman, and member of the NRA, I am committed to ensuring that I can pass this legacy on to my children and grandchildren. I thank you for your advocacy in this area. For this reason, I strongly supported all but one of the Senate Bills that strengthened and protected our Second Amendment rights.

Although SB 334 passed, it was the only gun bill that I voted against. Numerous local business owners and their employees shared with me their worries that this legislation would be misconstrued to reflect poorly on the tourism industry that is vitial to our region. Considering the economic challenges facing our region as well as citizens' current ability to openly carry firearms in restaurants, I felt it unwise to move forward with this legislation."

In my original VCDL recommended email, I asked that he not cater to the liquor industry, but to his law abiding constituents. Well, once again, easy to see who Senator Tommy Norment really supports.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I didn't email I don't think. I did speak to my Representatives and several others in person and I got a very positive response.

hometheaterman

imported post

Our representative in both the house and senate voted for this so I didn't receive any emails of the sort.