• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc scenario

JeepSeller

imported post

NRAMARINE, there have been HUNDREDS of documented cases, even on this forum alone of people who have NOT been arrested when they come in contact with a LEO, even one who may be ignorant of the law.

The difference between those who have been arrested and face down on the pavement and those who haven't is simply attitude.

So long as you don't make an @$$ out of yourself, the odds are very likely you'll be OK. Just do as the officer tells you. MOST decent, law abiding gun owners who care about gun rights and being good ambassador representatives of gun owners agree that standing on the side of the road orinside the WalMart is NOT the place to get into a "who's is bigger" pissing contest with a LEO. If they are asking you to leave with your firearm, even if they are wrong, leave. You can't and won't win right there.

The way to win that argument is to go back outside, leave the firearm in the vehicle, and then, if you want to go back in and argue the finer points of the constitution with the LEO and manager, go for it. Now, without that firearm, they have no reason to deny you access without making it personal.

Later, contact the LEO's superiors, WalMart's corporate dept., it's well documented that WalMart's policy is to adhere to local laws regarding firearms in their stores. If OC is legal, and you were asked to leave, make your case there.

Again, you CAN'T win arguing with the LEO standing there in the moment. Right or wrong, they've been conditioned by training and experience to avoid those arguments. Imagine, if you will, if they just "let go" everyone who stood there and said "But, I'm not doing anything wrong officer!". :lol:

Be a good example of gun owners everywhere you go. Only THEN can we begin to change peoples perception of gun owners and begin to turn the tide of people going :what:when they say a man with a gun. Avoiding these kind of scenarios all together.

turbodog

imported post

JeepSeller wrote:
Be a good example of gun owners everywhere you go. Only THEN can we begin to change peoples perception of gun owners and begin to turn the tide of people going :what:when they say a man with a gun.
well said JeepSeller.

In a nutshell: Your an ambassador for OC every time you walk out the door with it on your side.

Summit_Ace

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Well, NRAMarine, there you have it.
All the statists have checked in with their opinions.
Go ahead and follow them.
drive by posters irritate me.

tntorqu

imported post

4sooth wrote:
Ask the officer if you are being detained--if not then just walk away. If he says yes(and OC is the reason) then because you are not violating the law and he is, place him under arrest for violation of RS14:46.1 False Imprisonment( while armed with a deadly weapon.) This is punishable by up to 10 years at hard labor and a large fine.
Have him call his supervisor and explain that under Louisiana law when a citizen performs an arrest for a felony the police are required to assist the citizen with the whole arrest process. Thus his supervisor is required to help you perform the arrest of this officer. Failure to do so may constitute malfeasance in office.

I have discussed this with my attorney and he allows that while this is the law it will be very likely difficult to impossible to actually achieve this. You could remind the officer about the Gonzales PD!
lol