• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

March Dinner 3/26 7:00 p.m.

gdlckprincess

imported post

Hello fellow shooters I would like to volunteer happyshooter, rollingthunder, loudsixstring, and myself this month to put together a dinner.
I went to Crazy Buffet in Taylorsville and they would be more than happy to have us. They are located at at 4150 South Redwood Rd. in Taylorsville. The telephone number is 801-967-8588. I spoke with the manager and her name was Debbie and she was very nice.
The run down
Crazy Buffet
4150 South Redwood Rd.
Taylorsville
801-967-8588
7:00 p.m.
March 26, 2010
Friday Night
$10.99 for adults
$9.99 Seniors
$5.49 kids 3-7
$7.49 kids 8-11

Thank you to all in advance for good food, good friends, and a good time.

gdlckprincess

imported post

Its pretty close to us too. Countus in it sounds like a good time.:lol::celebrate

Braveheart23C

imported post

I'm all for the OC dinner on 3/26, I just propose we change the location to the UVU campus cafeteria, given the recent developments there. Anyone with me, or am I on my own on this one?

rpyne

imported post

Braveheart23C wrote:
I'm all for the OC dinner on 3/26, I just propose we change the location to the UVU campus cafeteria, given the recent developments there. Anyone with me, or am I on my own on this one?
I'm up for that, only one problem. The closest thing the have to a cafeteria is a food court in the Student Center and it is basically only open for lunch Monday through Friday.

gdlckprincess

imported post

Well that would be a good idea but what about the people that do not have their permits yet? Also I know that I and a couple others would not be able to attend due to kids being in school and not so flexible jobs.

Like I said that would be a great idea but I would not be able to host it anymore cause I could not attend as well as a few others.

Braveheart23C

imported post

gdlckprincess wrote:
Well that would be a good idea but what about the people that do not have their permits yet? Also I know that I and a couple others would not be able to attend due to kids being in school and not so flexible jobs.

Like I said that would be a great idea but I would not be able to host it anymore cause I could not attend as well as a few others.
People who don't have their permits yet would not be able to attend, for obvious reasons. I realize it would be a conflict for a lot of people, but I think a group of 25 or so is doable.

I say go ahead with the 3/26 dinner at Crazy Buffet and we'll address UVU a little later.

gdlckprincess

imported post

Braveheart I think that is a great plan. I think it would be great and if the time was right I would attend and show support.

I hope all can still attend the dinner on the 26th. I am excited about seeing all the great people again that I have met.

gdlckprincess

imported post

Just a little side note, I went to Chinese Gourmet on 45th and State first.

I asked them what their policy was and how they would feel about us having dinner there. The manager said that when people come in and they are ocing that hewill askthem to take it back to their vehicle. Even though there is nothing in their policy against ocing. He told me he was worried about how it would affect his regular customers. If it started to bother his customers then he would have to ask us to leave. He then said he was concerned about alcohol consumption and harrassment towards the servers especially the female servers. He then said that we could come around 8:30 and he would put us clear in the back behind the doors in the banquet room. By this point I was just looking at him. I told him the other places that we have been and how they have asked us to come back. I told him that we have never had problems anywhere that we have been. I also told him that we were there to socialize and have dinner. This was a way for people to ask questions and have them answered if they wanted. I also told him that many people that come bring their whole family and there are many kids that are there. At the end he gave me his card and said let me know. I told him that I would look for another place that was fully ok with us being there. He almost looked relieved.

I then went over to Crazy Buffet and the manager said yes we would love to have you guys come here. She said that usually they ask for a deposit, but it was not needed. So it would be great if many of us could show up as a way to say thank you for being open minded and not scared.

That is just my 2 cents.

younggun20

imported post

I was just at that Chinese gourmet about a week ago, open carrying of course. I was never stopped, questioned, or asked to leave. We were there for maybe a hour and a half.

The only question i did get was from a conceal carrier asking if i was LE or if i was just an OCer.

gdlckprincess

imported post

That was just my experience with the manager. I am glad that yours was much better. That is always a plus.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Braveheart23C wrote:
People who don't have their permits yet would not be able to attend, for obvious reasons. I realize it would be a conflict for a lot of people, but I think a group of 25 or so is doable.
Those who do not have permits can simply carry an empty holster, or a holster with framing hammer. ;)

rpyne

imported post

I just got home from Chinese Gourmet and OCed while I was there with not so much as a comment.

If I had known the manager had that attitude, I would hove gone elsewhere. Oh well, their loss, I won't be going back even though I enjoyed the food.

gdlckprincess

imported post

I agree with ya I have been there before without a problem and did enjoy the food, but I am like you I do not want to support someone with that type of attitude. I understand that all people are not ok with oc or any kind of carry, but I do not want to be treated differently because I choose to exercise my right.