• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1 Arrested In Shooting At High School In Sturgeon Bay

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
It honestly sounds like some wannabe gangsta showin off with his buddies to me. Altho I do find it wierd that the police just happend to be there when the whole thingwent down. Not quite sure what that's all about.:?
Maybe he seen his reflection in the glass and.... :)

Lurchiron

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
hduc2005 wrote:

It honestly sounds like some wannabe gangsta showin off with his buddies to me. Altho I do find it wierd that the police just happend to be there when the whole thingwent down. Not quite sure what that's all about.:?
I believe it to be bad editing by the paper, and that the police were there at the same time as the reporter; not the criminals. Unless the school is right next door to a doughnut shop, 03:30 is after the bar-rush; doughnut eating time for po-po.

Lurchiron

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
I would agree too but for believing that there are no more editors that read and criticize their reporterettes work. James J. Kilpatrick, the last real editor, retired to Charleston, SC and to write his The Writer's Art.

You should try deciphering the Shawano Evening Leader's attempts at printing.By the time you figure out the typos, you lose track of the story. 6 pages of sheer torture...or good comedy...depending on your take of the situation.

Like monkeys f#*king a football, I tell ya!!!

Lurchiron

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
I believe that this is the primary reason for the demise of the print media. Maybe twenty years ago I participated in a project to document the per page costs of various segments of the publishing business. I did textbooks.
That and the over reliance on "spell-checkers", instead of old fashioned proof reading. Where, oh where do all our school taxes go :shock:???

Lurchiron

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

My K-12 under one roof is dying, down to <70 students but costs held outrageously high by state mandates unfunded.

Not to mention our half-million dollar$ to the independent taxing authority of the technical college system. Perhaps five students from here have ever attended NWTC but every year we have to pour another $500K down the blackhole.

opusd2

imported post

Although it IS possible that there was police in the area at the time (since the school is just down the road from a bar, and police tend to sit near bars at closing time because it's like fishing with dynamite) the police didn't show up until later in the morning.

The dink who shot the windows wasn't exactly a pillar of society anyway having been found later with the gun he used (stolen) in a van (also stolen) twenty minutes south in Brussels. I guess as a former student he may have had a problem with the lunch program or something. Or reality, hard to tell.

Hell, when I went there we could have our bows/arrows or firearms with us if we were hunting before or after school, or if we used them for phy-ed class. That's funny, we had no incidents like that. However, the school IN Sturgeon Bay once had an incident where a girl brought her dad's pistol and it went off in her locker. Did I mention that her dad was one of the hard ass State Patrols that lived in town? And he was the one who kept killing his cars, they were the camaro's at that time and he kept losing trannies.

Nothing happened with his daughter tho'. It never eve reached the paper.