• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello All

Herdo

imported post

Hi, I'm somewhat new to this forum, well actually not that new. I have been reading this forum for a few month's, and finally decided to make an account of my own. I just bought my first handgun yesterday and soon I am going to start OC'ing. I am a bit nervous but excited mostly. Well, just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. Great forum by the way!

Andy

matt35

imported post

Welcome Herdo. I was a little nervous too at first, but the more I did it, the more I discovered how accepting everyone really is. I have yet to have a bad OC experience, and I'm ready to educate and enlighten someone when I do.

Carry on Friend

azcdlfred

imported post

Herdo wrote:
Hi, I'm somewhat new to this forum, well actually not that new. I have been reading this forum for a few month's, and finally decided to make an account of my own. I just bought my first handgun yesterday and soon I am going to start OC'ing. I am a bit nervous but excited mostly. Well, just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. Great forum by the way!
Welcome aboard Andy! Here's something that might help you. You aren't as noticeable asyou think. People can only see what they are looking for. Most people do not see firearms unless something really stands out that draws their attention to it - like you fiddling with, wearing some outragous hoslter rig (like the wannbe Rambo thigh rig) or dressed like some Strange Ranger.

An open carried dark gun in a belt holster is as invisible as concealed carry to the Proletariat - they simply don't see it because they're not looking for it. It's called a Scotoma in psycho-babble.

Fred