• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non CCW permit holder OC question

w_houle

imported post

Okay, I don't have a concealed carry permit, although I'm not sure if it would make the answer different or not. I'm open carrying and want to drive my car, do I:
Keep wearing it loaded
Unload it, but wear it
Put it in the trunk
Unload it, and put it in the trunk

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

is the city is OC legal your fine leaving it in the holster, if the city is OC illegal, you have to lock it up unloaded, I personally lived in Olathe and car carried everywhere but will put it in the glove box if I feel a high stop situation, I had one stop in Olathe they are OC legal, with no problem I was carrying.

I stop my auto docs in the box between the seats and not the glove box so is there is a stop, there not going to accidentally see it. and I never give permission to search.

w_houle

imported post

Well... Lincolnville doesn't have a judge, prosecuting attorney, or police, so would think that county law is what we go off of around here. Not sure about Herington though.