• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Welcome Back Deros

Sparky508

imported post

Just wanted to say welcome back Deros! How about a sit rep on how your doing? If your up to it. Hopeing everything went well for you, and you heal up real soon, and a dancing monkey, 'cause you cant get enough of them.......:monkey

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jim,

Welcome back, miss ya big guy! Hopefully a trip to Champions real soon. Maybe I will have a new toy soon too.

:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks guys .I am still really banged up and was told today that it will be a few weeks to feel somewhat normal again.I tell you I had stuff plugged into me everywhere! The intense pain is subsiding a little ,just enough for the pain meds to provide a modecum of relief, but I have to be careful not to move suddenly, rip my stitches and just take a little time to recover.The prognosis for my heart is better which I guess was the purpose of this little adventure.I still have a portion of my heart that is dead and scared badly.I have been staying at my daughter and her husband and they have been looking out for dad. I have a first post surgery follow up appointment next friday so I'll have more. Thanks again everyone for your support and we'll get together at a Starbucks when I'm feeling better.

sirpuma

imported post

Welcome back. Do you mind my asking what happened to your heart that you would have dead portions? Did you have a bad heart attack or just clogged arteries? I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Let people care for you for now and take it easy. Get well soon.

DEROS72

imported post

Thank you guys...I have survived 4 major heart attacks over the last 9 years with 7 angios 4 stents.The second one damaged my heart muscle to the point it just doesn't work and left it in a weakend state.Also having scarlet fever when I was little was a factor.The 1st was at 43 and I'm 56 now so I have been on Gods good graces these years.So they decided in the last weeks to bypass five arteries and repair a leaking valve. Still pretty sore and my leg is a little swollen where tyhey took the veins out for the bypass but I'm on the mend.....

Sparky508

imported post

Deros,

Can't they just use something like Fix-a-Flat? or some of that slime stuff you dump into tires?;)

Heal up man.

antispam540

imported post

Sparky508 wrote:
Deros,

Can't they just use something like Fix-a-Flat? or some of that slime stuff you dump into tires?;)

Heal up man.
That stuff's green - you can't put green stuff into red pipes! Now, if they made a red version of Fix-A-Flat or Slime, count me in!

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks guys,I do feel of late that's what they used ...some tire repair in can.lol

sirpuma

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Thank you guys...I have survived 4 major heart attacks over the last 9 years with 7 angios 4 stents.The second one damaged my heart muscle to the point it just doesn't work and left it in a weakend state.Also having scarlet fever when I was little was a factor.The 1st was at 43 and I'm 56 now so I have been on Gods good graces these years.So they decided in the last weeks to bypass five arteries and repair a leaking valve. Still pretty sore and my leg is a little swollen where tyhey took the veins out for the bypass but I'm on the mend.....
Wow, having gone through all that AND Vietnam, I think you're tough enough to stick around for a couple more decades. They may have to put one of them bionic hearts in you, but I think you've got lots of life left in you. At least until your hair doesn't look good anymore. Hang in there.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks Killchain ,sirpuma .Ever so slowly getting my strength back.Had some serious stress and some swelling going on yesterday and had to rush back to the hosp.But it's something the didn't need to admit me for which I'm very glad of.Can't wait to meet up for coffee again.Also we are talking when I get better about the second annual Willow Lake meet and BB-Q .Good ole Dave Workman took over the grille last July so we'll try not to leave him with all the cooking this time.

kenshin

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Thanks Killchain ,sirpuma .Ever so slowly getting my strength back.Had some serious stress and some swelling going on yesterday and had to rush back to the hosp.But it's something the didn't need to admit me for which I'm very glad of.Can't wait to meet up for coffee again.Also we are talking when I get better about the second annual Willow Lake meet and BB-Q .Good ole Dave Workman took over the grille last July so we'll try not to leave him with all the cooking this time.
But he makes the best burgers....they tast like freedom. Can't wait, see you there.

Oh, and get better too.