Thread: Resident vs Non-Resident CFP question

Post imported post

I checked out a site that will tell you which states will honor a Utah CFP. Before the answer comes up it asks: "Is your Utah Permit a Resident or non-Resident Permit?"

You have to choose one before they show the states. I'm not a resident so I chose that option. It shows that 31 states will honor the permit vs 35 if you're a resident.

I had never heard of this option. When I took and passed the course this was never divulged by the instructors nor is it mentioned on the card itself.

So, is this correct information?

Thanks

Post imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    Yes, it is correct.

Colorado, Florida, Michigan and New Hampshire will only honor a Utah permit IF you are a resident of Utah.

So lets use me for example. I am a former resident of Littleton, Colorado. If I had my Utah permit at the time, it would need to have a Utah address on it to be valid. (and possibly accompanied by a Utah ID?)

If I had a Utah permit with my Littleton address on it, Colorado would not have recognized it as valid.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    Yes, it is correct.

Colorado, Florida, Michigan and New Hampshire will only honor a Utah permit IF you are a resident of Utah.
    Sgt.you left out South Carolina. It's also a state that will only honor permits from residents of the issuing state. I don't have plans to visit Michigan, NH or SC but FL and CO are two states I plan to visit, so OC there I guess. Wonder if I can LOC in those two states like I did in NV?

The way the OC movement is sweeping the nation, I would gather that it won't be too long when every state will have shall issue laws passed *and* legal to LOC.:celebrate Ok, with the exception of two radical left wing states, CA and HI.

Post imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    Sgt.you left out South Carolina. It's also a state that will only honor permits from residents of the issuing state.
    ...and Maine too, what's yer point??? :P
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    Sgt.you left out South Carolina. It's also a state that will only honor permits from residents of the issuing state.
    ...and Maine too, what's yer point??? :P
    Some states will honor UT CFP only if you're a resident of the state. I am not a resident of UT. Some states will honor UT CFP even if you're not a resident.

I was not aware that some states had this differentiation.

Post imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    SGT Jensen wrote:
    Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    Yes, it is correct.

Sgt.you left out South Carolina. It's also a state that will only honor permits from residents of the issuing state. I don't have plans to visit Michigan, NH or SC but FL and CO are two states I plan to visit, so OC there I guess. Wonder if I can LOC in those two states like I did in NV?

The way the OC movement is sweeping the nation, I would gather that it won't be too long when every state will have shall issue laws passed *and* legal to LOC.:celebrate Ok, with the exception of two radical left wing states, CA and HI.
    South Carolina is a non permissive open carry state.

Post imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:

No open carry in FL.
    States donít have rights. People do.