• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to obtain a CPL in California?

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is not FUD:

You will NOT get a CCW permit in Solano County. Period.

At least not for a few years, if the Palmer/Sykes suits succeed in getting us closer to an equitable issuance system, there may be a chance in the future.

CA Carry

imported post

Love the Map for us Californians...I had previously lived in Washington State (Benton County) The Sheriff (Andy Taylor!). I know, I know...too funny right? Mayberry USA...

:cool:

Anyway, I had a Washington State Issued CWP for 6 years. I enjoyed Cowboy Action Shooting and hunting, and target practice with friends and family. I had a range in my back yard and had all kinds of fun teaching people how to shoot and the proper safety and educate of owning/having/using a firearm correctly and safely.

NEVER had any issues or any problems. Had local law enforcement friends stop by and use my range!

Moved back to California and wanted to get my Concealed Carry:

:banghead:

NO WAY!...

San Francisco and the surrounding areas are "ANTI-GUN!" I have to be careful in even discussing my guns as the LIBERALS here make my life hell. If you tell someone you have a gun they respond: "A GUN?!" OMG, you must be one of those Conservative gun totting crazies!" "Are you Insane?" "A racist?" "Survivalist?" "A Neo-Nazi?"

A local police Chief stated that "Open carry people should go on down to 89th and International Blvd. (parts of OAKLAND, CA Crack Neighborhoods!) and see how they would be treated!"

So, in other words it's OK for the crime committing CRACK dealers to gun down a innocent Civilian who is just trying to be safe and protect himself?

I think this is a prime example of HOW CA looks on guns. The Liberals want only the CRIMINALS to have guns. I am sure there would be a LOT less murders in the BAY AREA if LEGAL, LAW abiding citizens where able to carry. Making guns and carrying them illegal has only made sure that the CRIMINALS have guns while they do things like sell CRACK and rob and rape and pillage at will....

I would like to begin attending the Open Carry events, just don't know how to get notified when and where they are.

Signed,

A SAFE, SANE open carry advocate

mjones

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
You will need to qualify, this costs money, and range time, but a competent shooter should not have great difficulties in excelling in the tests.

There are no legislated weapon proficency requirements to obtain a CCW in CA. However, as I understand it, many of the approximately 538 issueing authorities do have 'qualification' as a local requirement.

To the OP: The short answer is that for you to obtain a CCW in CA with any certainty, you will need todo allot of research ahead of time figuring out what jurisdiction you want to live in. http://www.calccw.com is an excellent resource for figuring this out.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MudCamper wrote:
This is not FUD:

You will NOT get a CCW permit in Solano County. Period.

At least not for a few years, if the Palmer/Sykes suits succeed in getting us closer to an equitable issuance system, there may be a chance in the future.
Now that we know where the intended destination is, I'm going to agree with this finally.