Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56

Thread: Had to choose today - the girl or the gun

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    Long story short, I had gone on a few dates with a really nice woman. I hadn't 'hidden' my gun from her, but due to the places we had been meeting at, It was always either concealed or MIA. Just never came up.

    Today, we met up for lunch. I was openly carrying. "You have a gun?" - "almost always." - "Oh."

    After a few additional questions, she said she would not be in public with me any longer if I carried. There was no convincing her. I hate to tell her this, but the choice between her and the gun was an easy one.

    Anyone else separate themselves from people because of their choice to be a brady?

    PPtk

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oakland County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    Sorry to hear that but you made a good choice.

    Too many of my friends date BHL's, then get suprised when my wife and I don't want to hang out with them. I'm not sure if older age and desperation is setting in with these guys or what. There is no punanny magical enough for me to put up with the liberal crap that comes out of these girls mouths.

    Just remember everything happens for a reason and you are much better off.

  3. #3
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    chill, let her have her time, just keep on being the suave, cool, good lookin guy that she was dating, until the surprise!:shock:

    if your not a creep, and she can see you from time to time, and slowly realize that your gun isnt a mocho penis extension.
    that youre really kinda neat, and nice, and you make her laugh!
    she could, maybe, might just come around for a second look!
    im a hopeless romantic! im a pessimistic optimist. what ever that means.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Bronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,157

    Post imported post

    1245A Defender wrote:
    chill, let her have her time, just keep on being the suave, cool, good lookin guy that she was dating, until the surprise!:shock:

    if your not a creep, and she can see you from time to time, and slowly realize that your gun isnt a mocho penis extension.
    that youre really kinda neat, and nice, and you make her laugh!
    she could, maybe, might just come around for a second look!
    im a hopeless romantic! im a pessimistic optimist. what ever that means.
    Screw that!! Dump her and leave her in your dust. Life is too short to spendyour time with someone who doesn't share your core values.

    Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

  5. #5
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    Bronson wrote:
    Screw that!! Dump her and leave her in your dust. Life is too short to spendyour time with someone who doesn't share your core values.

    Bronson
    true words from a man who knows how to treat a nice woman right from the git-go,,

    without bothering to take some time to give the kinks a chance to iron out,,


    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    .
    Last edited by T Vance; 09-20-2010 at 01:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    Meh... there are more fish in the sea :celebrate
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  8. #8
    Regular Member Taurus850CIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,071

    Post imported post

    autosurgeon wrote:
    Meh... there are more fish in the sea :celebrate
    Fish who like guns.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

    Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

    Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

    The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

    With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Lurchiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shawano,WI.
    Posts
    1,011

    Post imported post

    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    Meh... there are more fish in the sea :celebrate
    Fish who like guns.
    Women seem to like washing & waxing Harleys before you take them out for a putt; maybe you should break-out the patches, jags, and gun oil so they can "get in the mood" so to speak :what:.
    Bale da Hay

    "Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"


    Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

    Havamal (Bellows translation)

  10. #10
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    Yep! You need a redneck girl Pilot!!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belleville , michigan, ,
    Posts
    287

    Post imported post

    Mine said the same only she was my wife. Never missed her..would have missed the guns


  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    T Vance wrote:
    That's a tough call. (kinda)

    On one hand, I agree with you sticking to your gut feeling and choosing your right to carry over being with someone who's doesn't like something you do that is not affecting the other person. In fact she should realize she is safer when she is with you when you are carrying.

    On the other hand 1245A Defender makes a good point. Maybe you can get her to change her views on firearms and the people that carry them.

    If she chooses not to change her views and expects you to stop carrying around her in public, and expects you to stop, imagine the other things she might expect out of you in the future.

    Question: Does she just not like the fact that you OC, or is she against the fact that you carry a gun as a whole?
    She's against the gun carry as a whole - OC, CC, Even at home really. I really didn't expect her to be like that, as she is pretty conservative and didn't strike me as the type who would be bothered by it.

    Eh, life goes on. We had only been on a few dates, and I didn't lose a moment of sleep last night.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Taurus850CIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,071

    Post imported post

    Lurchiron wrote:
    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    Meh... there are more fish in the sea :celebrate
    Fish who like guns.
    Women seem to like washing & waxing Harleys before you take them out for a putt; maybe you should break-out the patches, jags, and gun oil so they can "get in the mood" so to speak :what:.
    Really? I haven't found that here... I might have to move to Wisconsin...
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

    Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

    Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

    The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

    With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

  14. #14
    Regular Member malignity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,101

    Post imported post

    My fiance started to have a problem with me owning a gun about 2 years after we were together, and a year after we were engaged.

    I've been an avid shooter of friends firearms, but never had a chance to get one myself until a scare caused me to get my own firearm and CPL.

    I since started carrying everywhere I go, and she originally gave me a blast of crap for it. I told her to shut up or walk out.

    She still grumbles sometimes. ('Do you REALLY need your gun and an extra magazine to go to the damn grocery store? Seriously?') etc. However, she's yet to walk, and we're to be married in 3 months.

    They'll learn to adapt if they're into you, simple enough.. if they want to walk, let them.

    Kinda reminds me of this sign, if you get my drift.

    My neighbor is for Gun Control and does not have any guns in his home. I hearby vow not to assist in the protection of his family and property with the Guns that are here legally in my home. I respect his right to not defend his family.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Lurchiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shawano,WI.
    Posts
    1,011

    Post imported post

    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    Lurchiron wrote:
    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    Meh... there are more fish in the sea :celebrate
    Fish who like guns.
    Women seem to like washing & waxing Harleys before you take them out for a putt; maybe you should break-out the patches, jags, and gun oil so they can "get in the mood" so to speak :what:.
    Really? I haven't found that here... I might have to move to Wisconsin...
    Just don't forget the Pasties...gotta have the pasties .
    Bale da Hay

    "Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"


    Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

    Havamal (Bellows translation)

  16. #16
    Regular Member Taurus850CIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,071

    Post imported post

    Lurchiron wrote:
    Just don't forget the Pasties...gotta have the pasties .
    Oh, man. I haven't had one of those in a while. My belly is grumblin' now.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

    Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

    Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

    The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

    With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Lurchiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shawano,WI.
    Posts
    1,011

    Post imported post

    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    Lurchiron wrote:
    Just don't forget the Pasties...gotta have the pasties .
    Oh, man. I haven't had one of those in a while. My belly is grumblin' now.
    Them early miners had it figured out. I wonder if their women gave them any gruff about OCing ?
    Bale da Hay

    "Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"


    Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

    Havamal (Bellows translation)

  18. #18
    Regular Member Bailenforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    City
    Posts
    1,077

    Post imported post

    PilotPTK wrote:
    Long story short, I had gone on a few dates with a really nice woman. I hadn't 'hidden' my gun from her, but due to the places we had been meeting at, It was always either concealed or MIA. Just never came up.

    Today, we met up for lunch. I was openly carrying. "You have a gun?" - "almost always." - "Oh."

    After a few additional questions, she said she would not be in public with me any longer if I carried. There was no convincing her. I hate to tell her this, but the choice between her and the gun was an easy one.

    Anyone else separate themselves from people because of their choice to be a brady?

    PPtk
    Don't worry you made the best choice because the first date she already told you she will be making ALL the rules in a relationship. It's her way or NO way she said.
    Too many women today want REAL men, sadly most are way younger than I.

    You will find a REAL woman.


    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

  19. #19
    Regular Member FatboyCykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    942

    Post imported post

    Wait a minute, guns aren't macho penis extensions!?

    Aw hell!

  20. #20
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    sadly,im sure at least a few of us have been there.myself included.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    FatboyCykes wrote:
    Wait a minute, guns aren't macho penis extensions!?Â*

    Aw hell!
    I know, right? Here I was, thinking I was compensating for "something"!

  22. #22
    Regular Member Bailenforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    City
    Posts
    1,077

    Post imported post

    malignity wrote:
    My fiance started to have a problem with me owning a gun about 2 years after we were together, and a year after we were engaged.

    I've been an avid shooter of friends firearms, but never had a chance to get one myself until a scare caused me to get my own firearm and CPL.

    I since started carrying everywhere I go, and she originally gave me a blast of crap for it. I told her to shut up or walk out.

    She still grumbles sometimes. ('Do you REALLY need your gun and an extra magazine to go to the damn grocery store? Seriously?') etc. However, she's yet to walk, and we're to be married in 3 months.

    They'll learn to adapt if they're into you, simple enough.. if they want to walk, let them.

    Kinda reminds me of this sign, if you get my drift.

    My neighbor is for Gun Control and does not have any guns in his home. I hearby vow not to assist in the protection of his family and property with the Guns that are here legally in my home. I respect his right to not defend his family.
    Do you need the extra magazine lol. Too funny.
    I carry no less than 2 mags plus the gun loaded with a mag. yes even way up here and I almost forgot to mention my Model 19 snubie with 6 rounds and the two speed loaders in the jacket pocket. lol That's 58 rounds and I won't mention whats in my pistol bag in the car....

    The neighbor lady likes to have me drive her places she was raped 21 years ago and feels quite safe with me around...

    Not all women are cluless, I have trained a number in handgun and combat handgun. You should see my mommy with her magnum lol... She's 77 years old.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wyandotte, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    456

    Post imported post

    You made the right choice!

  24. #24
    Regular Member malignity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,101

    Post imported post

    Bailenforcer wrote:
    Do you need the extra magazine lol. Too funny.
    I carry no less than 2 mags plus the gun loaded with a mag. yes even way up here and I almost forgot to mention my Model 19 snubie with 6 rounds and the two speed loaders in the jacket pocket. lol That's 58 rounds and I won't mention whats in my pistol bag in the car....

    The neighbor lady likes to have me drive her places she was raped 21 years ago and feels quite safe with me around...

    Not all women are cluless, I have trained a number in handgun and combat handgun. You should see my mommy with her magnum lol... She's 77 years old.
    Yep.. she gives me that one all the time. She keeps claiming 'this isn't hollywood, you dont need more than 14 rounds to stop someone (which she's right), however, I keep explaining to her that the moment I need it, the moment the butt-plate from my magazine is going to pop off, or I'm going to get a feeding issue, etc. etc, which would just be my luck.

    If she keeps bothering me about it, I just start having fun with it now. I've used both of these before:

    "Honey, if I can't stop it in 27 rounds, one of two things will happen. I'll realize I should have been running instead of shooting, or I'll buy us enough time for the police to arrive."

    Or my personal favorite, which she REALLY gets cranked about...

    "Honey, I've got 2 magazines, so that's 27 shots. Do you really think 27 rounds is enough to get me home to my ammo stash in case of a sudden zombie apocalypse?"

    Yes, I am an evil bastard, and she loves every bit of me.

    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Bronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,157

    Post imported post

    T Vance wrote:
    Maybe you can get her to change her views on firearms and the people that carry them.
    How is that any different than her trying to change his views on firearms ownership?

    As wrong as I think her opinion is she is entitled to it.

    I think it's just a potential cause for unwanted strife to be with someone who doesn't share your core values, whatever you decide them to be. Let her find someone she can be content with and Pilot can do the same.

    Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •