• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had to choose today - the girl or the gun

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

Long story short, I had gone on a few dates with a really nice woman. I hadn't 'hidden' my gun from her, but due to the places we had been meeting at, It was always either concealed or MIA. Just never came up.

Today, we met up for lunch. I was openly carrying. "You have a gun?" - "almost always." - "Oh."

After a few additional questions, she said she would not be in public with me any longer if I carried. There was no convincing her. I hate to tell her this, but the choice between her and the gun was an easy one.

Anyone else separate themselves from people because of their choice to be a brady?

PPtk

wolverine1856

imported post

Sorry to hear that but you made a good choice.

Too many of my friends date BHL's, then get suprised when my wife and I don't want to hang out with them. I'm not sure if older age and desperation is setting in with these guys or what. There is no punanny magical enough for me to put up with the liberal crap that comes out of these girls mouths.

Just remember everything happens for a reason and you are much better off.

1245A Defender

imported post

chill, let her have her time, just keep on being the suave, cool, good lookin guy that she was dating, until the surprise!:shock:

if your not a creep, and she can see you from time to time, and slowly realize that your gun isnt a mocho penis extension.
that youre really kinda neat, and nice, and you make her laugh!
she could, maybe, might just come around for a second look!
im a hopeless romantic! im a pessimistic optimist. ;);) what ever that means.

Bronson

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
chill, let her have her time, just keep on being the suave, cool, good lookin guy that she was dating, until the surprise!:shock:

if your not a creep, and she can see you from time to time, and slowly realize that your gun isnt a mocho penis extension.
that youre really kinda neat, and nice, and you make her laugh!
she could, maybe, might just come around for a second look!
im a hopeless romantic! im a pessimistic optimist. ;);) what ever that means.

Screw that!! Dump her and leave her in your dust. Life is too short to spendyour time with someone who doesn't share your core values.

Bronson

1245A Defender

imported post

Bronson wrote:

Screw that!! Dump her and leave her in your dust. Life is too short to spendyour time with someone who doesn't share your core values.

Bronson
true words from a man who knows how to treat a nice woman right from the git-go,,

without bothering to take some time to give the kinks a chance to iron out,,

Lurchiron

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Meh... there are more fish in the sea :celebrate
Fish who like guns. :cool:
Women seem to like washing & waxing Harleys before you take them out for a putt; maybe you should break-out the patches, jags, and gun oil so they can "get in the mood" so to speak :what:.

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

T Vance wrote:
That's a tough call. (kinda)

On one hand, I agree with you sticking to your gut feeling and choosing your right to carry over being with someone who's doesn't like something you do that is not affecting the other person. In fact she should realize she is safer when she is with you when you are carrying.

On the other hand 1245A Defender makes a good point. Maybe you can get her to change her views on firearms and the people that carry them.

If she chooses not to change her views and expects you to stop carrying around her in public, and expects you to stop, imagine the other things she might expect out of you in the future.

Question: Does she just not like the fact that you OC, or is she against the fact that you carry a gun as a whole?

She's against the gun carry as a whole - OC, CC, Even at home really. I really didn't expect her to be like that, as she is pretty conservative and didn't strike me as the type who would be bothered by it.

Eh, life goes on. We had only been on a few dates, and I didn't lose a moment of sleep last night.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Women seem to like washing & waxing Harleys before you take them out for a putt; maybe you should break-out the patches, jags, and gun oil so they can "get in the mood" so to speak :what:.
Really? I haven't found that here... I might have to move to Wisconsin...

malignity

imported post

My fiance started to have a problem with me owning a gun about 2 years after we were together, and a year after we were engaged.

I've been an avid shooter of friends firearms, but never had a chance to get one myself until a scare caused me to get my own firearm and CPL.

I since started carrying everywhere I go, and she originally gave me a blast of crap for it. I told her to shut up or walk out.

She still grumbles sometimes. ('Do you REALLY need your gun and an extra magazine to go to the damn grocery store? Seriously?') etc. However, she's yet to walk, and we're to be married in 3 months. :)

They'll learn to adapt if they're into you, simple enough.. if they want to walk, let them.

Kinda reminds me of this sign, if you get my drift.

My neighbor is for Gun Control and does not have any guns in his home. I hearby vow not to assist in the protection of his family and property with the Guns that are here legally in my home. I respect his right to not defend his family.

Lurchiron

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Lurchiron wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Really? I haven't found that here... I might have to move to Wisconsin...
Just don't forget the Pasties...gotta have the pasties :dude:.

Lurchiron

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Lurchiron wrote:
Just don't forget the Pasties...gotta have the pasties :dude:.
Oh, man. I haven't had one of those in a while. My belly is grumblin' now.
Them early miners had it figured out. I wonder if their women gave them any gruff about OCing ?

Bailenforcer

imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
Long story short, I had gone on a few dates with a really nice woman. I hadn't 'hidden' my gun from her, but due to the places we had been meeting at, It was always either concealed or MIA. Just never came up.

Today, we met up for lunch. I was openly carrying. "You have a gun?" - "almost always." - "Oh."

After a few additional questions, she said she would not be in public with me any longer if I carried. There was no convincing her. I hate to tell her this, but the choice between her and the gun was an easy one.

Anyone else separate themselves from people because of their choice to be a brady?

PPtk
Don't worry you made the best choice because the first date she already told you she will be making ALL the rules in a relationship. It's her way or NO way she said.
Too many women today want REAL men, sadly most are way younger than I.

You will find a REAL woman.