• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had to choose today - the girl or the gun

Bailenforcer

imported post

malignity wrote:
My fiance started to have a problem with me owning a gun about 2 years after we were together, and a year after we were engaged.

I've been an avid shooter of friends firearms, but never had a chance to get one myself until a scare caused me to get my own firearm and CPL.

I since started carrying everywhere I go, and she originally gave me a blast of crap for it. I told her to shut up or walk out.

She still grumbles sometimes. ('Do you REALLY need your gun and an extra magazine to go to the damn grocery store? Seriously?') etc. However, she's yet to walk, and we're to be married in 3 months. :)

They'll learn to adapt if they're into you, simple enough.. if they want to walk, let them.

Kinda reminds me of this sign, if you get my drift.

My neighbor is for Gun Control and does not have any guns in his home. I hearby vow not to assist in the protection of his family and property with the Guns that are here legally in my home. I respect his right to not defend his family.
Do you need the extra magazine lol. Too funny.
I carry no less than 2 mags plus the gun loaded with a mag. yes even way up here and I almost forgot to mention my Model 19 snubie with 6 rounds and the two speed loaders in the jacket pocket. lol That's 58 rounds and I won't mention whats in my pistol bag in the car....

The neighbor lady likes to have me drive her places she was raped 21 years ago and feels quite safe with me around...

Not all women are cluless, I have trained a number in handgun and combat handgun. You should see my mommy with her magnum lol... She's 77 years old.

malignity

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
Do you need the extra magazine lol. Too funny.
I carry no less than 2 mags plus the gun loaded with a mag. yes even way up here and I almost forgot to mention my Model 19 snubie with 6 rounds and the two speed loaders in the jacket pocket. lol That's 58 rounds and I won't mention whats in my pistol bag in the car....

The neighbor lady likes to have me drive her places she was raped 21 years ago and feels quite safe with me around...

Not all women are cluless, I have trained a number in handgun and combat handgun. You should see my mommy with her magnum lol... She's 77 years old.

Yep.. she gives me that one all the time. She keeps claiming 'this isn't hollywood, you dont need more than 14 rounds to stop someone (which she's right), however, I keep explaining to her that the moment I need it, the moment the butt-plate from my magazine is going to pop off, or I'm going to get a feeding issue, etc. etc, which would just be my luck.

If she keeps bothering me about it, I just start having fun with it now. I've used both of these before:

"Honey, if I can't stop it in 27 rounds, one of two things will happen. I'll realize I should have been running instead of shooting, or I'll buy us enough time for the police to arrive."

Or my personal favorite, which she REALLY gets cranked about...

"Honey, I've got 2 magazines, so that's 27 shots. Do you really think 27 rounds is enough to get me home to my ammo stash in case of a sudden zombie apocalypse?"

Yes, I am an evil bastard, and she loves every bit of me. :lol:

Bronson

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Maybe you can get her to change her views on firearms and the people that carry them.
How is that any different than her trying to change his views on firearms ownership?

As wrong as I think her opinion is she is entitled to it.

I think it's just a potential cause for unwanted strife to be with someone who doesn't share your core values, whatever you decide them to be. Let her find someone she can be content with and Pilot can do the same.

Bronson

kyleplusitunes

imported post

Bronson wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Maybe you can get her to change her views on firearms and the people that carry them.
How is that any different than her trying to change his views on firearms ownership?

I think it's just a potential cause for unwanted strife to be with someone who doesn't share your core values, whatever you decide them to be.  Let her find someone she can be content with and Pilot can do the same.

Bronson

where can i find a bunch of hot broads who love guns?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
Bronson wrote:
T Vance wrote:

I think it's just a potential cause for unwanted strife to be with someone who doesn't share your core values, whatever you decide them to be. Let her find someone she can be content with and Pilot can do the same.

Bronson

where can i find a bunch of hot broads who love guns?
Flint's North side. :D

Hombre

Banned
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
sadly,im sure at least a few of us have been there.myself included.

I hear ya brother. I know you have a lot of experience in the woman department. Hey, I found a pic of your last date....................

pic.php

viperar15

imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
Anyone else separate themselves from people because of their choice to be a brady?

PPtk

MANY! I have 1 finally that accepts it (sometimes grumbles though... lol).

Though... she hadnt shot in a LONG time before meeting me. When she did shoot... I thought she was gonna beat my ass...

mudvr1212

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
sadly,im sure at least a few of us have been there.myself included.
I hear ya brother. I know you have a lot of experience in the woman department. Hey, I found a pic of your last date.............

pic.php

Sorry Freak, but that is VERY funny. I'll feed the troll because the troll had a great joke!

My girlfriendd family doesn't like that I own guns. Her mom and dad started drilling me about why I need to carry or have them. I said for my protection and others.

Then they proceeded to tell me that there will NOT be a pistol in their house. I said okay, but why do you have an alarm on your house? Because by the time the company calls you and then the police. Then thepolice get to your house, you'll probably be robbed, kidnapped or worse. I, possibly, could have stopped that threat. If I were in that situation, I'd want to be armed and not left defenseless.

They didn't say anything after that.

The girlfriend is starting to warm up to firearms. She wants to shoot, but doesn't want to carry. It's a start, but I'm not really pressuring her.

manicdevery

imported post

My grandpa had a license plate above his mantel that read

My wife, yes
My dog, maybe
My gun, Never!

When i asked what he meant he said, "that's the order in which i would get rid of my stuff. 13 yrs later i finally get it.

My ex-wife said i couldn't buy another pistol, she even spray painted it on my walls. . . did i mention she was my ex?!:lol:

Taurus850CIA

imported post

manicdevery wrote:

My wife, yes
My dog, maybe
My gun, Never!

When i asked what he meant he said, "that's the order in which i would get rid of my stuff. 13 yrs later i finally get it.

My ex-wife said i couldn't buy another pistol, she even spray painted it on my walls. . . did i mention she was my ex?!:lol:
As in, graffiti?

manicdevery

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
manicdevery wrote:

My wife, yes
My dog, maybe
My gun, Never!

As in, graffiti?
No, not graffiti, more like crazy German girl with a can of black spray paint and a hammer, I have seen some graffiti that looked like art. this wasn't that kind of graffiti.

dukenukum

imported post

I had this this happen to me a few years back her daddy told her to get me to dump my guns or she had to dump me to stay in the will I said goodbye well a few months later they got broke into and called me to come protect them.

Lurchiron

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
It only takes one attack to change your average Anti-Gun Liberal into a Conservative RTKBA Supporter.:what::quirky:quirky
Hmmm...there's an idea somewhere in that post; now if I could only figure out what it is :dude:.