Thread: Bored on a Friday evening...

Post imported post

Hey guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to meet up this Friday (3/5/10) at Hunts with Double or like gun store and hit the range for an hour or so. The fiance is going to be out of town picking out flowers for the wedding, and I'm thinking about hitting the range. We all know range time isn't quite as fun when you're alone. I was thinking of going around 6-7pm or so.

If you're interested, lets hear it.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

I just got into town. I'm interested, as long as I can find all my stuff. Where is Hunts?

"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

23 mile, between Van Dyke and Schoenherr for those that don't wanna click the link.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Bump

1776"

Post imported post

might try to make this...

Post imported post

Sorry, this is off topic, but I could not contain myself. I just looked at their service manu. This place is charging $75 for gun transfer - amazing!

Post imported post

sasha601 wrote:
    Sorry, this is off topic, but I could not contain myself. I just looked at their service manu. This place is charging $75 for gun transfer - amazing!
    It's a much better transfer than the FFLs that charge $25.

Plus, that's how they manage to keep the range fees down to only $20/hr.

Post imported post

sasha601 wrote:
    what sucks is that they sell reloads too...when they dont allow em...
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Post imported post

You east siders are killing me.

Post imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
    You east siders are killing me.
    Whip something up.

1776"

Post imported post

I just got off the phone with my gf. You know, the one who didn't like the idea of me carrying much, and absolutely abhorred the idea of open carry. She actually mentioned wanting to shoot my pistols this morning. :what: She won't go as far as Shelby, so there is a chance I may be shooting up here in Grand Blanc today. I just can't pass up that opportunity. I'm still down if she changes her mind, though.

1776"

Post imported post

I think I may have to cancel going tonight, I was hoping this pesky cold would go away, but it hasn't, so I am going to have to stay home tonight...

Post imported post

It's a Maryland cold:what::what: They are gonna get you for bringing that gun into their hotel....hahahahaha
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Post imported post

SlowDog wrote:
    It's a Maryland cold:what::what: They are gonna get you for bringing that gun into their hotel....hahahahaha
    LOL!!!

Post imported post

Actually Maryland has concealed carry but am not sure if Michigan has reciprocity with them....and almost no self defense laws

Post imported post

SlowDog wrote:
    Actually Maryland has concealed carry but am not sure if Michigan has reciprocity with them....and almost no self defense laws
    According to some things I've read, Michigan will accept Maryland carry permits, but Maryland doesn't allow reciprocity with any other states.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

It figures with those Commy bastages...

Post imported post

im fairly sure michigan honors all resident permits from out of state
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    im fairly sure michigan honors all resident permits from out of state
    Yes they do.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

i still think they should recognize nonresident permits from out of state too,i never saw the difference between the two other than the resident and non resident part
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    i still think they should recognize nonresident permits from out of state too,i never saw the difference between the two other than the resident and non resident part
    You're talking about Michigan state law. Why would you try to interject common sense into something that is completely devoid of it?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

sasha601 wrote:
    Geez, you guys are gonna hate me, I got a guy in Mason who does transfers for $15.00.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Post imported post

$15-35 is what I consider a "normal" rate for transfers these days. I know they can charge whatever they want, but this is just out of reasonable.